Disable/Prevent auto-logoff

calphalon

Disable/Prevent auto-logoff

After countless hours of searching I've found no answer...

How does one disable the auto-logoff in vista?! I've search high and
low in display settings, power management, group policies, and have also
tried numerous 'net' commands in cmd with no luck. I use logmein from
another computer in my home and watch movies to a computer connected to
my tv. However, im getting VERY frustrated at how I must come back to my
computer to have to log back in through logmein since after 15-30 mins
the stupid thing keeps logging off! I can't watch a full movie without
atleast getting up 4-5 times during it and moving the mouse around to
prevent the idle auto-logoff or having to log back in...ANY HELP?!

--
calphalon
Jim Moriarty

Re: Disable/Prevent auto-logoff
On Mon, 25 May 2009 19:56:07 -0500, calphalon
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>After countless hours of searching I've found no answer...
>
>How does one disable the auto-logoff in vista?! I've search high and
>low in display settings, power management, group policies, and have also
>tried numerous 'net' commands in cmd with no luck. I use logmein from
>another computer in my home and watch movies to a computer connected to
>my tv. However, im getting VERY frustrated at how I must come back to my
>computer to have to log back in through logmein since after 15-30 mins
>the stupid thing keeps logging off! I can't watch a full movie without
>atleast getting up 4-5 times during it and moving the mouse around to
>prevent the idle auto-logoff or having to log back in...ANY HELP?!

Sounds like a problem for Logmein Support
calphalon

Re: Disable/Prevent auto-logoff

I know its a vista problem as it does it regardless of logmein. Vista
logs me out and I have to click the picture to log back in. I see many
people have to enter there logon password to get back into windows but
this doesnt occur with me as I have auto-logon turned on

Logmein does in fact log me out but thats not what im concerned about.
I would only have to go back to my computer and use logmein if I get
logged out of windows and have to log back in or...I have to pause the
movie in windows media player

--
calphalon
calphalon

Re: Disable/Prevent auto-logoff

no help? this was obviously a complete waste of my time...and you call
your site vistax64.com? funny

--
calphalon
Pauli Taglia

Re: Disable/Prevent auto-logoff
calphalon <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>no help? this was obviously a complete waste of my time...and you call
>your site vistax64.com? funny

Bye-bye boo-boo.
Ran W

Same problem here
I have the exact same problem. Did you happend to find any solution?
thanks.

Pauli Taglia wrote:

Re: Disable/Prevent auto-logoff
03-???-09

calphalon <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

Bye-bye boo-boo.

ASP.NET 1.1 SQLCacheDependency With SQLite
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...achedepen.aspx
Flavius

calphalon;1050677 Wrote:
> After countless hours of searching I've found no answer...
>
> How does one disable the auto-logoff in vista?! I've search high and
> low in display settings, power management, group policies, and have also
> tried numerous 'net' commands in cmd with no luck. I use logmein from
> another computer in my home and watch movies to a computer connected to
> my tv. However, im getting VERY frustrated at how I must come back to my
> computer to have to log back in through logmein since after 15-30 mins
> the stupid thing keeps logging off! I can't watch a full movie without
> atleast getting up 4-5 times during it and moving the mouse around to
> prevent the idle auto-logoff or having to log back in...ANY HELP?!

Try this:Control Panel>>Power Options>>(on the left side) Require a
password on wakeup>> (elevate previlliges) and check "don't require a
password"

--
Flavius
Relentless904

Re: Disable/Prevent auto-logoff
OMG thank u so much!! I have been trying to figure this problem out since
recent updates had mine automatically logging me out during movies as well.
THANKS =D