Why does it say I need admin priveleges when I know I have them?

SilkSk01

Why does it say I need admin priveleges when I know I have them?

I am trying to install Sony Vegas 9.0 on my computer but I can't even
open the trial version. Every time I do I get a message saying
"Registration requires administrator privileges. Please run Vegas Pro
9.0 from an administrator account to complete registration".

I've confirmed and reconfirmed that my user account has administrator
privileges. Here's what I've tried.

1. Right click - "Run as administrator." Failed.

2. Right click - properties - compatibility - check the "Run as
administrator" box. Failed.

3. Activated Vista's hidden administrator account, made sure it really
did had admin privileges, installed and ran it from there (also granted
guest account admin privs and ran from that account). Failed.

4. Ran it from command prompt as administrator. Failed.

I've also tried numerous combinations of the above and every time I try
to run the trial I get the same message. How can I convince it that I
do indeed have administrator privileges?

--
SilkSk01
Mike Brannigan

Re: Why does it say I need admin priveleges when I know I have them?
"SilkSk01" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I am trying to install Sony Vegas 9.0 on my computer but I can't even
> open the trial version. Every time I do I get a message saying
> "Registration requires administrator privileges. Please run Vegas Pro
> 9.0 from an administrator account to complete registration".
>
> I've confirmed and reconfirmed that my user account has administrator
> privileges. Here's what I've tried.
>
> 1. Right click - "Run as administrator." Failed.
>
> 2. Right click - properties - compatibility - check the "Run as
> administrator" box. Failed.
>
> 3. Activated Vista's hidden administrator account, made sure it really
> did had admin privileges, installed and ran it from there (also granted
> guest account admin privs and ran from that account). Failed.
>
> 4. Ran it from command prompt as administrator. Failed.
>
> I've also tried numerous combinations of the above and every time I try
> to run the trial I get the same message. How can I convince it that I
> do indeed have administrator privileges?
>

> --
> SilkSk01

Have you looked at the Sony website for support on Vegas 9?

I did, and I think the answer you seek is right there.

If doing that yourself is too complex here is a starter for you.

Go to http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope
Then select from the top menu Support ... Knowledgebase
Then select Vegas under the drop down for product
Then enter .... well how about ... Administrator into the keyword box
an press Search
I hope I really don't have to tell you that the answers you seek are the top
three entries returned by this search.

The point is - please try and help yourself first by looking at the support
web site for your product to see if the answers are there (which in this
case they probably are.)

--

Mike Brannigan