Locked out of Administrator

brian1821

Locked out of Administrator

Hello,

I need to make an administrative account. I am working on a computer
where the only account I can access is a standard user account. (The
other accounts on the computer are "Administrator" and "Guest", both are
disabled) I've read that people solve this by logging on to the
built-in administrator account.

I have tried the command prompt line "net user administrator
/active:yes" so I can log on the built-in administrator account, but I
get a "Access Denied" returned to me. People seem to solve this by
right clicking Command Prompt and selecting "Run as Administrator" from
the context menu.

Even though I am right clicking the Command Prompt exe and clicking
"run as administrator", I do not think Command Prompt is actually
running in administrator mode. I believe this is because UAC was
disabled.

Is there anyway to turn UAC back on (while not on an account with
administrator rights)?

I'm stuck in a loop where I seem to:
--> need an administrator account to--> turn on UAC -->to allow me to
run Command Prompt as an administrator -->to allow me to activate the
built-in administrator account--> to allow me to create a normal
administrator account.

Thanks for any help!

--
brian1821
brian1821's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100151.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Kerry Brown

Re: Locked out of Administrator
There are some things you can try here:

http://www.jimmah.com/vista/content.aspx?id=7

If there are no administrator accounts other than the "Administrator"
account the first method, booting to safe mode, should work.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/