Manage Accounts is not showing my users

=?Utf-8?B?VmluY2UgV29sZmU=?=

Manage Accounts is not showing my users
So here is my problem, and it more of an annoyance than a show stopper.
Logged in as an admin UAC off, running Vista Business

Open the control panel and Click on user accounts. Click on Add or remove
user accounts. And this is where it should show my users correct? I
remember it working at one point but now I get the title "Choose the account
you would like to change", and then a white box with nothing in it. Below
the box is a link "create a new account" and then some more stuff.

How do I get my users back into this screen.

I know I can work around this problem by RIGHT-CLICKING on "Computer" and
selecting manage, and then clicking on "Local Users and Groups", then
"Users". And I can manage my users from here. In fact I like this for finer
control, but the problem still remains and I want to get it working again.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Andrew Sanders

Re: Manage Accounts is not showing my users
Hi,

I saw this on vista versions, but it has started to happen to me today. Did
it happen to you recently also. Could it be due to any recent updates. I
hope others can help.

Andrew Sanders

"Vince Wolfe" <Vince Wolfe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So here is my problem, and it more of an annoyance than a show stopper.
> Logged in as an admin UAC off, running Vista Business
>
> Open the control panel and Click on user accounts. Click on Add or remove
> user accounts. And this is where it should show my users correct? I
> remember it working at one point but now I get the title "Choose the
> account
> you would like to change", and then a white box with nothing in it. Below
> the box is a link "create a new account" and then some more stuff.
>
> How do I get my users back into this screen.
>
> I know I can work around this problem by RIGHT-CLICKING on "Computer" and
> selecting manage, and then clicking on "Local Users and Groups", then
> "Users". And I can manage my users from here. In fact I like this for
> finer
> control, but the problem still remains and I want to get it working again.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

Andrew Sanders

Re: Manage Accounts is not showing my users
PS I meant to write I saw this on beta versions.

Andrew

"Andrew Sanders" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I saw this on vista versions, but it has started to happen to me today.
> Did it happen to you recently also. Could it be due to any recent
> updates. I hope others can help.
>
> Andrew Sanders
>
> "Vince Wolfe" <Vince Wolfe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> So here is my problem, and it more of an annoyance than a show stopper.
>> Logged in as an admin UAC off, running Vista Business
>>
>> Open the control panel and Click on user accounts. Click on Add or
>> remove
>> user accounts. And this is where it should show my users correct? I
>> remember it working at one point but now I get the title "Choose the
>> account
>> you would like to change", and then a white box with nothing in it.
>> Below
>> the box is a link "create a new account" and then some more stuff.
>>
>> How do I get my users back into this screen.
>>
>> I know I can work around this problem by RIGHT-CLICKING on "Computer" and
>> selecting manage, and then clicking on "Local Users and Groups", then
>> "Users". And I can manage my users from here. In fact I like this for
>> finer
>> control, but the problem still remains and I want to get it working
>> again.
>>
>> Any help would be much appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?VmluY2UgV29sZmU=?=

Re: Manage Accounts is not showing my users
The problem started about 10 days ago when I was playing with Remote Desktop
and UltraVNC. Both of which had been working fine.

"Andrew Sanders" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw this on vista versions, but it has started to happen to me today. Did
> it happen to you recently also. Could it be due to any recent updates. I
> hope others can help.
>
> Andrew Sanders
>
> "Vince Wolfe" <Vince Wolfe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > So here is my problem, and it more of an annoyance than a show stopper.
> > Logged in as an admin UAC off, running Vista Business
> >
> > Open the control panel and Click on user accounts. Click on Add or remove
> > user accounts. And this is where it should show my users correct? I
> > remember it working at one point but now I get the title "Choose the
> > account
> > you would like to change", and then a white box with nothing in it. Below
> > the box is a link "create a new account" and then some more stuff.
> >
> > How do I get my users back into this screen.
> >
> > I know I can work around this problem by RIGHT-CLICKING on "Computer" and
> > selecting manage, and then clicking on "Local Users and Groups", then
> > "Users". And I can manage my users from here. In fact I like this for
> > finer
> > control, but the problem still remains and I want to get it working again.
> >
> > Any help would be much appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?VmluY2UgV29sZmU=?=

Re: Manage Accounts is not showing my users
One other thing I thought of. The day the "Manage Accounts" stopped working
my Aero Glass stopped working. Since then I have gotten Aero Glass to work
again.

"Vince Wolfe" wrote:

> The problem started about 10 days ago when I was playing with Remote Desktop
> and UltraVNC. Both of which had been working fine.
>

> "Andrew Sanders" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw this on vista versions, but it has started to happen to me today. Did
> > it happen to you recently also. Could it be due to any recent updates. I
> > hope others can help.
> >
> > Andrew Sanders
> >
> > "Vince Wolfe" <Vince Wolfe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > So here is my problem, and it more of an annoyance than a show stopper.
> > > Logged in as an admin UAC off, running Vista Business
> > >
> > > Open the control panel and Click on user accounts. Click on Add or remove
> > > user accounts. And this is where it should show my users correct? I
> > > remember it working at one point but now I get the title "Choose the
> > > account
> > > you would like to change", and then a white box with nothing in it. Below
> > > the box is a link "create a new account" and then some more stuff.
> > >
> > > How do I get my users back into this screen.
> > >
> > > I know I can work around this problem by RIGHT-CLICKING on "Computer" and
> > > selecting manage, and then clicking on "Local Users and Groups", then
> > > "Users". And I can manage my users from here. In fact I like this for
> > > finer
> > > control, but the problem still remains and I want to get it working again.
> > >
> > > Any help would be much appreciated.

lushdog

Re: Manage Accounts is not showing my users
On Apr 17, 11:28 am, Vince Wolfe
<VinceWo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> One other thing I thought of. The day the "Manage Accounts" stopped working
> my Aero Glass stopped working. Since then I have gotten Aero Glass to work
> again.
>
> "Vince Wolfe" wrote:
> > The problem started about 10 days ago when I was playing with Remote Desktop
> > and UltraVNC. Both of which had been working fine.

> > "Andrew Sanders" wrote:

> > > Hi,

> > > I saw this on vista versions, but it has started to happen to me today. Did
> > > it happen to you recently also. Could it be due to any recent updates. I
> > > hope others can help.

> > > Andrew Sanders

> > > "Vince Wolfe" <Vince W...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Can someone please help me with this issue as well.

My problem is much worse as I am using Vista Home Premium which does
not allow you to use the Local Users and Groups snap-in.
This problem may have started after installing VMWare for a work
application.

Please help!!!!