adding computer to a domain

Larry Heimendinger

adding computer to a domain
I have upgraded a Vista Home Premium to Ultimate, and now I want to add it to
a SBS 2008 domain. Everything goes well until the wizard gets to the page
where it asks to select a user, but none shows up.

No errors in upgrade. Vista Users folders shows only one user (as admin)
and a All and Default folder.

Any ideas on this?
Bruce Chambers

Re: adding computer to a domain
Larry Heimendinger wrote:
> I have upgraded a Vista Home Premium to Ultimate, and now I want to add it to
> a SBS 2008 domain. Everything goes well until the wizard gets to the page
> where it asks to select a user, but none shows up.

Then simply type in the user name and password of whomever has been
granted the privileges of adding machines to the domain.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Larry Heimendinger

Re: adding computer to a domain
I may have done poorly in asking this question. The user is not one of
authority to join the domain - I certainly know that - but rather of the
local profile that will be converted to a domain user account. No profile
account on the local machine shows up. It is only happening on one of several
client machines, not a ubiquitious problem on the SBS domain.

Is that better stated?