'Public' folder security messed up

Pravesh

'Public' folder security messed up
First of all an alarm: Can you believe Administrator account on my Vista
machine had no password 8={. I can't remember being asked to set one up.

Now to my question: I moved some files from my personal 'my downloads'
folder to the 'Public' folder and I wanted to take write privilege off these
files but in error set 'deny read and execute'. Now, I can access them with
Admin privileges only. I have reset privileges back to what they were but no
luck.

Any thoughts!! I am puzzled. I can't move them or cut and paste them even
under Admin account. I get 'access denied' message.

David B.

Re: 'Public' folder security messed up
We heard you the first two times. One post on the subject is sufficient,
wait for someone to reply that has an answer.

"Pravesh" <pravesh.prasher@gmail.com> wrote in message
> First of all an alarm: Can you believe Administrator account on my Vista
> machine had no password 8={. I can't remember being asked to set one up.
>
> Now to my question: I moved some files from my personal 'my downloads'
> folder to the 'Public' folder and I wanted to take write privilege off
> these files but in error set 'deny read and execute'. Now, I can access
> them with Admin privileges only. I have reset privileges back to what they
> were but no luck.
>
> Any thoughts!! I am puzzled. I can't move them or cut and paste them even
> under Admin account. I get 'access denied' message.

Pravesh

Re: 'Public' folder security messed up
Sorry. I thought I needed to re-write in the interest of clarity. I deleted
the other two that were written in a rush. My apologies.

"David B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
> We heard you the first two times. One post on the subject is sufficient,
> wait for someone to reply that has an answer.

> "Pravesh" <pravesh.prasher@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> First of all an alarm: Can you believe Administrator account on my Vista
>> machine had no password 8={. I can't remember being asked to set one up.
>>
>> Now to my question: I moved some files from my personal 'my downloads'
>> folder to the 'Public' folder and I wanted to take write privilege off
>> these files but in error set 'deny read and execute'. Now, I can access
>> them with Admin privileges only. I have reset privileges back to what
>> they were but no luck.
>>
>> Any thoughts!! I am puzzled. I can't move them or cut and paste them even
>> under Admin account. I get 'access denied' message.

David B.

Re: 'Public' folder security messed up
If you need to add to a post it's best to reply to your original post,
rather than having 3 separate ones on the same subject, and for future
reference you CAN'T delete posts, they are still there, you just deleted
then from your newsreader.