Expired Password

jnealmccoy

Expired Password

I tried to install an anti virus software yesterday and I am getting the
message that my administrator password has expired, but it does not
prompt me to input another password, it just keeps saying it is expired
when I put in my current password. What do I need to do???

--
jnealmccoy
inc2000

Re: Expired Password

change the settings top the Admin account from the CONTROL PANEL. LMK
how it goes.

--
inc2000
jnealmccoy

Re: Expired Password

It won't let me change anything because the password is expired.

--
jnealmccoy
inc2000

Re: Expired Password

its various ways to change or the wost case scenerio would be to
reinstall vista. i gonna go back through the posts and look at ur specs
and try to make a fake account to work on it for ya.

--
inc2000
Steve McGarrett

Re: Expired Password
On Mon, 4 May 2009 14:38:52 -0500, inc2000 <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>its various ways to change or the wost case scenerio would be to
>reinstall vista. i gonna go back through the posts and look at ur specs
>and try to make a fake account to work on it for ya.

Does your mommy know you're not in school today?
jnealmccoy

Re: Expired Password

I know nothing about computers and I am completely lost!!! I just don't
want to lose everything on my computer!!

--
jnealmccoy
inc2000

Re: Expired Password

ok -heres what i figured out. its about a dozen ways to solve the
password issue because each computer company setup each type of computer
up differntly.

as a first step...[computer is off]>[press power button] wait one
second and start press the F8 key {"its on the top row of the keyboard"}
kind of fast..example three time a second....a black screen should pop
up with one of the options that says SAFE MODE. hit ENTER on that and
Vista should load with a black screen and a box that says stuff about
'im in safe mode' yadyada...just hit OK or YES. wait about 30 seconds to
a minute. Does the screen have safe mode in the corners? IF so then
YEY..GO clik the Start button then go to Control Panel. And under User
Accounts and Fam Safety clik ADDorRemove user accounts...Find and clik
on the account that has the locked password and click REMOVE PASSWORD on
the LEFT SIDE of the screen. then click REMOVE PASSWORD onthe next
screen . and TADA!! just restart the regular way and that account has NO
password. THIS IS JUST ONE OF MANY WAYS TO GET IN YOUR COMPUTER. any
problem LMK or email me asap: georgelwashington@hotmail.com [George
Washington] i hope that helps

--
inc2000
inc2000

Re: Expired Password

oh i forgot when u do get to safe mode make sure to go in the
ADMINISTRATOR account and not anyone else

--
inc2000
jnealmccoy

Re: Expired Password

Thank you I will try that when I get home from work today!!

--
jnealmccoy
inc2000

Re: Expired Password