installing programs on multiple accounts help plz

allen9190

installing programs on multiple accounts help plz

Hi,
My laptop his 3 accounts; 2 administrators and 1 limited. I use the
1st admin account and my dad uses the 2nd. The problem is....when he
installs new programs and stuff onto his account, they also appear in my
account and on my desktop (I dont like!). If i uninstall the programs
or remove the icons from my desktop, it also affects his account. How
can I make the accounts INDEPENDENT of each other ? I want to be able
to remove his icons and stuff from my account without removing it from
his.
Thanks.

--
allen9190
Richard G. Harper

Re: installing programs on multiple accounts help plz
In general if this can be done at all it will be done at install time - if
the program asks to install for the current user or for all users, then make
the appropriate selection. However, this is a function of the installer,
not a function of Windows, so there's no way to stop a program that insists
on installing for all users from doing so.

"allen9190" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> My laptop his 3 accounts; 2 administrators and 1 limited. I use the
> 1st admin account and my dad uses the 2nd. The problem is....when he
> installs new programs and stuff onto his account, they also appear in my
> account and on my desktop (I dont like!). If i uninstall the programs
> or remove the icons from my desktop, it also affects his account. How
> can I make the accounts INDEPENDENT of each other ? I want to be able
> to remove his icons and stuff from my account without removing it from
> his.
> Thanks.
>

> --
> allen9190

GTS

Re: installing programs on multiple accounts help plz
Whether an program installs for all users or a specific user is dependent on
it's installation program and there may or may not be a choice. Although
you can't uninstall the program from only your account, you can have the
icons display only in your fathers -

Have your father move the icons from \Users\Public\Desktop to
\Users\Dad\Desktop (Dad = his username).