Password problem at Login

minderbinder

Password problem at Login

I am running vista mce on a home network (wired). I have another pc
running xp home edition which is networked to the vista pc. During the
process of sharing drives for backup I created a login password on the
vista machine and used the same login name and password on the xp pc to
access the vista pc when requested. Both pc's on mshome network.
Everything worked fine.

Today I tried to login to the vista pc and I'm told user name or
password is incorrect. I am 100% certain it is correct. This is the
first time I have tried to log in having set up password. There is only
one user set up on the pc. With the vista pc switched on but stuck at
the login screen I tried accessing it via the xp pc over the network.
When asked for user name and password I entered the vista user name and
password on the xp pc and was able to access the shared drive!!
Unfortunately the shared drive doesn't have vista os installed on it. I
have tried disconnecting the xp pc and taken it off network-still can't
access vista with same details. I haven't created a password reset disc
(never again). Started to look at using Trinity Rescue Kit but hoping
someone here can show me the error of my ways!

--
minderbinder
David Glienna

Re: Password problem at Login
Try SAFE MODE, and the ADMINISTRATOR account. You can reset the password
from there.

- David G