Forgotten Password

billywhizz

Forgotten Password

I only have one admin account and i have forgotten the password, is
there a way around it?

.I havnt made a password reset disk.

--
billywhizz
Brink

Re: Forgotten Password

Hello Billy,

Using Method Three in the tutorial below should be able to help you
reset the password.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...-password.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

billywhizz;1031897 Wrote:
> I only have one admin account and i have forgotten the password, is
> there a way around it?
>
> .I havnt made a password reset disk.

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
billywhizz

Re: Forgotten Password

I do not wish to re-install anything as i dont have a backup disk of
vista either, i do not wish to lose any data, is there any other way?

--
billywhizz
Manny Weisbord

Re: Forgotten Password
billywhizz <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>I do not wish to re-install anything as i dont have a backup disk of
>vista either, i do not wish to lose any data, is there any other way?

Did you actually READ method #3????
MSDOS

Re: Forgotten Password

Vista has a hidden admin account. If you are lucky the account might be
active , so boot up system in Safe mode with Networking ( Tapping F8
while system is restarted before it reaches the Windows Vista Logo ).
Log in on the ADMINISTRATOR account and then you can access control
panel > User Accounts to change the account password.

If you are not lucky you have to activate the admin account by
borrowing any Vista OS disc and booting up system from the disc. then
select the repair option from the Install screen , select command prompt
from the repair options and then type the following command in the
command console : *Net user administrator /active:yes
*Reboot the system in Safe Mode with Networking now and follow the
steps i have explained earlier.

--
MSDOS

'*[image:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ck-1.gif]Diary of a
Software Tech*_
http://www.grdead.wordpress.com_' (http://www.grdead.wordpress.com)
MSDOS

Re: Forgotten Password

Manny Weisbord;1032218 Wrote:
> billywhizz <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote:
> > > >

> > >I do not wish to re-install anything as i dont have a backup disk of
> > >vista either, i do not wish to lose any data, is there any other way? > > Did you actually READ method #3????

Vista has a hidden Admin account that will help you to do the job. You
can try to boot up the system in Safe mode and looking for the
Administrator account , if thats active you can log into that account
and can then reset the user account password for your account from the
Control panel. If the account is hidden and can not be found on the user
login page in safe mode, you have to borrow/rent/purchase a disc for
windows vista and boot up the system with the disc , then select repair
instead of install and then open the command prompt from the available
repair options . To activate the hidden admin account type the following
command in the command console : *Net user administrator /active:yes
*reboot the system in safe mode and repeat the steps as explained
above. best of Luck :geek:

MSDOS <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Manny Weisbord;1032218 Wrote:

>Vista has a hidden Admin account that will help you to do the job. You

[snip]

Why are you replying to my post - especially since you posted the
exact same info in your previous post?
MSDOS

Re: Forgotten Password

sorry , my system goofed up , not displaying the reply .. meant no spam
though , BTW , have you tried the steps... ??

--
MSDOS

'*[image:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ck-1.gif]Diary of a
Software Tech*_
http://www.grdead.wordpress.com_' (http://www.grdead.wordpress.com)
Manny Weisbord

Re: Forgotten Password
MSDOS <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>sorry , my system goofed up , not displaying the reply .. meant no spam
>though , BTW , have you tried the steps... ??

You're a blithering idiot. I am NOT the person who was having the
problem.

Go away.