Please help!!

=?Utf-8?B?bGF1cmFfamVsbHl0b3Rz?=

Please help!!
My partners dads just got a new PC from Dell and is using Windows Vista Home
Premium. He wants to create a seperate user account for him so his kids can't
muck about with his stuff but it won't let him.

We have tried clicking the add acount button but it does nothing. The
account that is set up is saying it is the administrator but all the things
we need have the windows security symbol (the shield thingy lol) next to them
and anything with that it won't let us use.

I'm not too good with the new Windows programmes having only just switched
to XP from Windows 98 so I have no idea whtto do with it and my partner and
his dad are just clueless when it comes to PC's. Can anyone please tell me
how to create a new user please?!

Thanks!!
Puppy Breath

Re: Please help!!
Sounds like you're on the right track. Try this:

1. Click the Start button and click the picture at the top right of the
Start menu (above your user name). That opens the User Account page.

2. Click Manage Another Account, then click Continue or OK.

3. Click Create a New Account.

4. Type in the person's first name and click Create Account.

That's all there is to it. It should work.

To log into the new account click the Start button, click the arrow to the
right of the lock symbol, and choose Log Off. You'll be taken to the login
screen. You should see an icon for the new user account.

For more info watch the demo at the link below, and see the links on that
page.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...723fb1033.mspx

For general help with Vista click Start and choose Help and Support. Or
browse to:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...S/default.mspx

Hope that helps.

"laura_jellytots" <laura_jellytots@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in