Administrator without any admin privlages

ClimbingNut

Administrator without any admin privlages

Hey there,

I am running vista home edition and my only user account on my computer
is of course administrator. I have attempted to install Adobe photoshop
CS2 and it installs fine. The problem is when I go to run it. Before I
even get a chance to activate it, it pops up an error saying I do not
have administrator's privlages and for me to log on to an administrator
account to carry on. Then it closes the program.

I tried installing it on another computer with XP and it installs
perfectly fine and actually prompts for activation even before the
installation is done where as mine wont prompt me untill i have run the
program.

The other interesting thing was I installed it. I got the error
message. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Got the error message. I
rebooted my computer and voila, no more error message. I was simply
checking if it would work on my computer before I formatted it to clean
it up to prepare for school. Now after starting over, I can`t get rid of
the error message even if I do the same proceedure as before.

I have a feeling it might have something to do with all of vistas
security measures to ask permission before using or installing and it is
confusing the program because it runs fine on xp that does not have it.

Anythoughts on the subject?

--
ClimbingNut
kavita

Re: Administrator without any admin privlages

Right click on the program that you want to run and click on *Run as
Administrator.*

--
kavita

God Helps Those Who Help Others.
A Man In Need Is A Man In Deed.
This is all I learn here......
ClimbingNut

Re: Administrator without any admin privlages

Well that is a neat little trick I never knew.
Thanks for your help.

--
ClimbingNut
kavita

Re: Administrator without any admin privlages

Your Welcome ClimbingNut

--
kavita
JRdummiekof@live.com

RE: Administrator without any admin privlages
Refer to "UAC" and permissions. Refer to "Permissions & Group Policy" section.
--
jrdummiekof