hiberfil.sys

Steve T

hiberfil.sys
I know there's a way to turn off hibernate and stop this file from being
created. I did a new install and now can't figure it out. I already have
my power plan, advanced, sleep, never on all sleep options. I tried to
manually delete the file and it won't let me. I don't think I had this
problem before and don't know what's different this time around. I have
admin privileges. There have been more than 1 funky things happened since
the new install. It's almost like a different OS. I have admin rights, but
sometimes it's as if I don't. I can't see for example a hidden folder in
program data. I have selected for folder views to show hidden files and
unchecked hide system files etc. I installed IconViewer which I used
before. It worked great. It adds an extra tab to file properties named
icons (If the file type has icons associated with it) and allows you to
change it. I have installed, uninstalled, installed. It just doesn't work.
It's a really basic program/add-on. Anyone, please help.

Thanks,

Steve

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit
Internet Explorer v7
Office 2007 SP1 Home and Student
Outlook 2007 Standalone

ESET Smart Security

Steve T

Re: hiberfil.sys

"Steve T" <steviegt@live.com> wrote in message
> I did a clean install of Vista today. I tried to manually delete the
> hiberfil.sys file and it won't let me unless I use Disk Cleanup. I don't
> think I had this problem before and don't know what's different this time
> around. I have admin privileges. There have been other files I can't
> delete or remove read only attributes etc. There have been more than 1
> funky things happened since the new install. It's almost like a different
> OS. I have admin rights, but sometimes it's as if I don't. I can't see
> for example a hidden folder in program data. I have selected for folder
> views to show hidden files and unchecked hide system files etc. I
> installed IconViewer which I used before. It worked great. It adds an
> extra tab to file properties named icons (If the file type has icons
> associated with it) and allows you to change it. I have installed,
> uninstalled, installed. It just doesn't work. It's a really basic
> program/add-on. Anyone, please help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
>
> Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit
> Internet Explorer v7
> Office 2007 SP1 Home and Student
> Outlook 2007 Standalone
>
> ESET Smart Security

Brink

Re: hiberfil.sys

Hello Steve,

This will help show you how to disable Hibernate through Disk Cleanup
if this is what you needed.

'Hibernation - Enable or Disable'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/16...e-disable.html)

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...5-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*::Windows 7 Forums::*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and*
'*::Vista Forums::*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Michael Walraven

Re: hiberfil.sys
right click on the drive (C
Properties >> disc cleanup
for all users
select hibernation file cleaner, be sure to read the comments.

Michael

"Steve T" <steviegt@live.com> wrote in message
> I know there's a way to turn off hibernate and stop this file from being
> created. I did a new install and now can't figure it out. I already have
> my power plan, advanced, sleep, never on all sleep options. I tried to
> manually delete the file and it won't let me. I don't think I had this
> problem before and don't know what's different this time around. I have
> admin privileges. There have been more than 1 funky things happened since
> the new install. It's almost like a different OS. I have admin rights,
> but sometimes it's as if I don't. I can't see for example a hidden folder
> in program data. I have selected for folder views to show hidden files
> and unchecked hide system files etc. I installed IconViewer which I used
> before. It worked great. It adds an extra tab to file properties named
> icons (If the file type has icons associated with it) and allows you to
> change it. I have installed, uninstalled, installed. It just doesn't
> work. It's a really basic program/add-on. Anyone, please help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
>
> Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit
> Internet Explorer v7
> Office 2007 SP1 Home and Student
> Outlook 2007 Standalone
>
> ESET Smart Security

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: hiberfil.sys
How to disable and re-enable hibernation on a computer that is running
Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920730

--
Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Desktop Experience]
Supporting Windows« 7, Vista & XP http://www.winhelponline.com