Vista does not recover properly after sleep in Dell E1505

sorcerer233

Vista does not recover properly after sleep in Dell E1505

Hi! I'm running Vista Ultimate on a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop and a ATI
Mobility Radeon X1400 video card. When it goes into sleep mode, I
actually doesn't recover properly. Once I flip the lid open, it just
boots all over again, restores Windows and takes a very long time to do
so, almost 3-5 minutes, instead of taking "less than 3 seconds" as some
people claim.
Does anyone know how to fix this? I've already tried with both ATI and
Windows drivers for this video card, including the windows update
version.

Thanks in advance!

--
sorcerer233
sorcerer233's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24656

http://forums.techarena.in

Dave Balcom

Re: Vista does not recover properly after sleep in Dell E1505
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:41:34 +0530, sorcerer233
<sorcerer233.2p1frc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

}Hi! I'm running Vista Ultimate on a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop and a ATI
}Mobility Radeon X1400 video card. When it goes into sleep mode, I
}actually doesn't recover properly. Once I flip the lid open, it just
}boots all over again,

Sounds like a default setting issue. On my old Dell there was a way to
change what closing/opening the lid did. My E1505 with the X1400 wakes
in about 3-5 seconds using Vista Business...
sorcerer233

Re: Vista does not recover properly after sleep in Dell E1505

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. I've already checked the default
settings and the closed lid I've set it to "Sleep", but it still
happens, as if it were hibernating instead...

--
sorcerer233
sorcerer233's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24656
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=728931

http://forums.techarena.in

DellCA

Re: Vista does not recover properly after sleep in Dell E1505

On the off chance you didn't check this ...

Did you check the power management settings for both AC and battery
power for hibernation/sleep settings? The system stores a profile for
each, and while the AC power (or battery) setting might be set
correctly the other might not be.

Another option is to check the BIOS power management settings for this
as well. While I don't know if it would help or not, there was a BIOS
update released on 11 April (http://ftp.dell.com/bios/MM061A14.EXE)
that might make a difference.

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

--
DellCA
DellCA's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=20193
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=728931

http://forums.techarena.in

sorcerer233

Re: Vista does not recover properly after sleep in Dell E1505

Hi Larry, thanks for your reply. I've checked the power settings for the
Sleep profile, and it is ok, it should be working, yet it doesn't..
Computer 'seems' to go into sleep, the power led keeps turning on and
off, and when I open the lid, it's as if I had rebooted it and takes
ages to go back into Vista.

I have the latest BIOS, also, so it's got to be something else...

Thanks..

--
sorcerer233
sorcerer233's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24656
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=728931

http://forums.techarena.in

DellCA

Re: Vista does not recover properly after sleep in Dell E1505

From what you describe it sounds like it is going into Hibernate instead
of Sleep/Standby or possibly a hybrid hibernate/sleep mode. Try this:

1. Click the Start pearl.
2. Click All Programs. Then click Accessories.
3. Right-click Command Prompt and choose "Run as administrator".
4. At the prompt, type *powercfg -h on* and press <Enter>.
5. If the Power Options window is still open, close it and re-open it.

Check to make sure the Hibernation option is there, and disable it. If
it is already disabled try enabling it, restarting the system, then
disabling it again (on the off chance the registry settings are not all
in sync with each other).

Larry
Dell Customer Advocate

--
DellCA
DellCA's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=20193
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=728931

http://forums.techarena.in

knight-gkla

RE: Vista does not recover properly after sleep in Dell E1505
Have you used disc cleanup. it can screw up sleep/hibernate. solution is in
the knowlege base.
from accessories run command as administrator. typr
powercfg -h on