Can not disable the activated administrator account in Home Basic

john

Can not disable the activated administrator account in Home Basic
Hi, all. I am using vista home basic, PC is from HP.

I have used "net user administrator active: yes"command line to enable
administrator account to install some software, but now I want to disable
the account to ensure the security of sytem, but failed!

After I input "net user administrator active: no" using command line running
as admin, I found the account of Admin has been protected by password in the
control panel, and I NEVER set up any password on this computer yet. Then I
restarted the computer, the DAMNED admin account is still there and I have
to log onto it with password! If not, I have to log onto another user to
delete the password!

What can I do to disable the admin account? Where is the admin password
from? What is it?

The most secure action is to set up a strong password of admin, and then run
the OS every time as a common user? But now the number of svchost.exe
processes has increased up to 15! That slowed down the computer.---I just
want to go back to the disabled admin account status..

Samuel Laibahas

RE: Can not disable the activated administrator account in Home Basic
what account ( account admin or different account ) you used to disable
account admin?

if you used account admin to disable account admin then try to used
different account with administrator priviledge to disable that admin account.