Unable to create new user account successfully

dan596

Unable to create new user account successfully

Hello,
I've seen several posts on this same topic here, but none of them
resolved in any resolution so I am hoping someone has since figured it
out.

In Vista, I am able to login using my own account which is an
Administrator account. Then via Control Panel, use the User Accounts
tool to create new account, Standard or Administrator. The tool appears
to complete the action properly. The new accounts appear listed in the
User Accounts tool and show up on the login screen. However, I am
unable to log in to any of them. Even when giving them a password
during creation. Furthermore, there appears to be no system folders
for the account...i.e. no 'My Documents', 'Desktop', My Music, etc.
under c:\Users

Has anyone figured out why the Vista User Accounts tool cannot complete
the account creation properly?

--
dan596
dan596

Re: Unable to create new user account successfully

Interesting to note. I changed two things that have allowed me to
create new accounts successfully.

1)During all previous tries I would create the account and then once
created the next step I would do is change the account by adding a
password. (The result being when I then went to login with that new
username and password I would get an error)

2)I had previously shared out the 'Users' folder, typically, c:\Users
so that I could sync the My Documents etc with my other machine. This
possibly could have created a permissions issue for Vista to establish
the new account, but I don't think so and here is why.

This time, when I created a new account I didn't give it a password.
Once done, I went and checked the c:\Users folder and still no profile
folders had been added for the new account. I logged out and selected
the new account for login. Naturally, no password was required and
Vista imediately went to 'Creating New User Profile'...and there it was
under c:\Users. I was then able to subsequently add the password.

Bottom line : When creating a new user account, don't add a password.
Add it after you login in the firsttime without it.

--
dan596
sheekgeek

dan596;4327373 Wrote:
> Hello,
> I've seen several posts on this same topic here, but none of them
> resolved in any resolution so I am hoping someone has since figured it
> out.
>
> In Vista, I am able to login using my own account which is an
> Administrator account. Then via Control Panel, use the User Accounts
> tool to create new account, Standard or Administrator. The tool
> appears
> to complete the action properly. The new accounts appear listed in
> the
> User Accounts tool and show up on the login screen. However, I am
> unable to log in to any of them. Even when giving them a password
> during creation. Furthermore, there appears to be no system folders
> for the account...i.e. no 'My Documents', 'Desktop', My Music, etc.
> under c:\Users
>
> Has anyone figured out why the Vista User Accounts tool cannot
> complete
> the account creation properly?
>

> --
> dan596

I am having this exact same problem. Nothing I've tried has worked.
Still no user account folders and cannot logon to anything created.

Has there been an answer/fix to this?

thanks!

--
sheekgeek
sheekgeek's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/137900.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Flavius

Re: Unable to create new user account successfully

Check this:'Rob Brooks-Bilson's Blog: Fix for Vista's: The User Profile
Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded'
(http://www.brooks-bilson.com/blogs/r...nnot-be-loaded)

--
Flavius