administration_accounts_passwords

visscher

administration_accounts_passwords

wednesday 11-03-'09

I never payed much attention to register for an
(administrator)account/password, because I was the only user, and always
arrived direcly to the office-disk, when starting the computer.
But now, when triing to install new (pinacle) software, I am summoned to
log in as a administrator.
I made an account + password, but I am still not acknowladged as an
administrator.
Maybe I ever entered a password, wich I dont know anymore.
How can things be put straight again?
Thank you in advance

E.A.R.Visscher
viszcher@hccnet.nl

Wadieface

Re: administration_accounts_passwords

Try going to Control Panel (Control Panel Home, not classic view) User
Accounts and Family Safety, User Accounts, Manage Another Account; and
see how many users there really are. If you are the only user as you say
you are, then: Go back 1 page, and click (above Manage Another Account)
Change Your Account Type, click Administrator, and click Ok. When that
is done, log off and back on. Then try again.
This is a shot in the dark because you may need a password to change
account type. But it may work. Try it.

--
Wadieface
Xavier

Re: administration_accounts_passwords
restart your computer in unfail mode and log on administrator ( this acount
is hidden in normal mode) open the management console open user directory
and put your account un administrators group, then restart your computer,
good luck
%23ntOyfioJHA.5420@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...