Forgotten My Password

nismo180sx

Forgotten My Password

Hey to all willing to read this

ok my little sister changed her pass on her laptop, forgot it, and has
come to me, ive had a look around the net and all the answers ive gotta
have been SH*T. i unplugged the HDD from the laptop and pluged it into
my External HDD Case and i can access all the files i want on the laptop
not a problem so far. from here i would make a back up and reformatt or
Restore the computer but obviously i dont got any backup disc's and my
sis deleted her RECOVERY (E: ) drive, so can't restore to factory
settings.
I know that once i can get all these files up and i can see in the comp
that i can delete the user pass because ive done it before, but i can't
remember how to do it. I can access everything on the computer.

If somone can get back to me shortly that would be great.

Thanks guy's and girl's

nismo

--
nismo180sx
Benzmann

Re: Forgotten My Password

well this way is not recomended by Microsoft, but this is a way

go to the internet and go to google, type in OPHCrack it is a iso file
so it would be ophcrack.iso or something, u can get this version for
windows XP and Windows Vista, the file is about 400-700mb's or so, then
download a software called MagicISO and burn the ophcrack.iso with the
MagicISO software to a disk, then take the CD to your sisters laptop,
and put the CD into the drive, then restart the computer, then boot up
from the CD, and then u can see all the passwords on that computer, then
type them down, take the cd out of the PC, and restart it and boot up
normally, and type in the password

--
Benzmann

A+ CompTIA - IT Technician
Precious Angel

Re: Forgotten My Password

*I have a simular problem.*
*I brought a computer from my dad with Vista Ultimate.*
*Well due to a few people being near my computer when I am not around
it, I wanted to lock it so no one could accesss my information.*
*I am the only person who is on it, I don't even have the guest account
open, I am the administrator.*
*The problem I have is, I put a password on my computer for the windows
log in, but I don't know the screen name.*
*I asked my dad what it could possibly be, he laughed and said he don't
know because he never locked the computer.*
**
*How do I bipass the windos log in?*
*Or how do I even get on my computer?*
*I went to safe mood and it still asks for log in information.*
**
*I even took the battery off the motherboard for a few hours and put it
back on, it still went right to the log in information after I set the
time.*
**
*If any one could help, I'd be very well appreciated.*
**
*Sign,*
*Allison*

Have a glorious and blessed day/night.

--
Precious Angel
Kevin Rabinovich

Re: Forgotten My Password
can you save them (the files) to a USB drive?