I cannot change my account to administrator please HELPPPP!

lpellerin

I cannot change my account to administrator please HELPPPP!

Hello, my daughter and I share the same computer. She changed my account
that was administrator to Standard and then clicked on this : require
password when computer wakes. Now everytime i download something the
download works but then the security question pops up and says i require
a password and i have to type it below but it wont let me type it below
because the setting : require password when computer wakes needed
administrator account to function but now because i have standard it
wont let me type a password. i tried changing the account type but the
same thing happens and i tried : change settings that are curently
unavailable and its the same! please help me because it wont let me
download stuff for my work . thank-you

--
lpellerin
H Brown

Re: I cannot change my account to administrator please HELPPPP!

"lpellerin" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello, my daughter and I share the same computer. She changed my account
> that was administrator to Standard and then clicked on this : require
> password when computer wakes. Now everytime i download something the
> download works but then the security question pops up and says i require
> a password and i have to type it below but it wont let me type it below
> because the setting : require password when computer wakes needed
> administrator account to function but now because i have standard it
> wont let me type a password. i tried changing the account type but the
> same thing happens and i tried : change settings that are curently
> unavailable and its the same! please help me because it wont let me
> download stuff for my work . thank-you
>

> --
> lpellerin

I hate to speculate! It sounds like from first time you starting using
Vista you setup one (1) account. That would be the admin account that you
have set a password for that both you and your daughter know. In order for
your daughter to change that account to a Standard user account she would
have had to create a second admin account and then change one of them to a
standard user account. At any rate you still have at least one admin
account on your computer. Get with your daughter and find out what she
changed *passwords or what ever besides "require password when computer
wakes". Get into the admin account (maybe your daughter set her super
secret password, get her to share it) and get the control of your computer
back through the admin account. If someone recommends a system restore you
better know what all the old passwords were, if in fact your daughter has
made changes that your are unaware of or she forgot to mention .

You need to at least give everyone here that can help some more information.
Between you and your daughter just come up with what ,when and how things
were changed.
If you would provide more detail it can eliminate a lot of useless
speculation (guess work).

Yours is a perfect example of why even the home user using a stand alone
machine should learn what _User Account Control_ (UCA) in Vista is all
about, so that when the time comes you or they can reap its many benefits.
When your above situation is sorted out , someone using this *newsgroup*
will be happy to share the proper way you should setup (UAC) in Vista so it
can provides the greatest benefits for you and your daughter. When its done
right it will be like you and your daughter each have your very on computer
and with one more, lets say for any emergence.

snipersk

RE: I cannot change my account to administrator please HELPPPP!

what shoould i do to change the account to adminstrator
"lpellerin" wrote:

> Hello, my daughter and I share the same computer. She changed my account
> that was administrator to Standard and then clicked on this : require
> password when computer wakes. Now everytime i download something the
> download works but then the security question pops up and says i require
> a password and i have to type it below but it wont let me type it below
> because the setting : require password when computer wakes needed
> administrator account to function but now because i have standard it
> wont let me type a password. i tried changing the account type but the
> same thing happens and i tried : change settings that are curently
> unavailable and its the same! please help me because it wont let me
> download stuff for my work . thank-you
>

> --
> lpellerin

Michael Walraven

Re: I cannot change my account to administrator please HELPPPP!
Have your daughter change the account back to an administrator.
Michael