Redirected Printers Not Visible in Windows 2008

mandbru99

Redirected Printers Not Visible in Windows 2008
I cannot find help on this anywhere. I currently use terminal services to
force the local server to spool remote printers. I started doing this
because the print jobs would spool too slowly via VPN. I have been doing
this for several years, first with a Windows 2000 Server, then Windows 2003
Server. I am trying to set up a Windows 2008-based server, but when I get
the redirected printer on Windows 2008, it only shows up on the session of
the machine that has the printer attached to it. None of the other remote
desktop sessions show the redirected printers. I tried making both users
part of Administrators and Power Users. Any suggestions?
Mike Brannigan

Re: Redirected Printers Not Visible in Windows 2008

"mandbru99" <mandbru99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot find help on this anywhere. I currently use terminal services to
> force the local server to spool remote printers. I started doing this
> because the print jobs would spool too slowly via VPN. I have been doing
> this for several years, first with a Windows 2000 Server, then Windows
> 2003
> Server. I am trying to set up a Windows 2008-based server, but when I get
> the redirected printer on Windows 2008, it only shows up on the session of
> the machine that has the printer attached to it. None of the other remote
> desktop sessions show the redirected printers. I tried making both users
> part of Administrators and Power Users. Any suggestions?

So the Terminal Services newsgroup did not seem like a better place to post
your Terminal Services related question?
accessible via the web interface at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us
or as the
microsoft.public.windows.terminal_service
newsgroup
--
Mike Brannigan

Bernard Upshur