Fingerprint Reader, Welcome Page

Monica616

Fingerprint Reader, Welcome Page

Just got a new laptop its got the fingerprint reader, which is awsome,
but for some reason it shows up like a user account on the welcome page.
Its not a guest account and when I went to the control panel, user
accounts, it doesnt show up there. I want it to not show up at start up
just wondering if anyone knows how to take it off, i went through a
bunch of stuff but i still cant figure it out i like using it to
login but for it to have its own account is really useless. Please
someone help me i would really appreciate it!

--
Monica616
Jane C

Re: Fingerprint Reader, Welcome Page
"Monica616" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Just got a new laptop its got the fingerprint reader, which is awsome,
> but for some reason it shows up like a user account on the welcome page.
> Its not a guest account and when I went to the control panel, user
> accounts, it doesnt show up there. I want it to not show up at start up
> just wondering if anyone knows how to take it off, i went through a
> bunch of stuff but i still cant figure it out i like using it to
> login but for it to have its own account is really useless. Please
> someone help me i would really appreciate it!
>

> --
> Monica616

Hello Monica,

The fingerprint reader program does put that icon on the welcome screen, but
it is not a user account, which is why you don't see it under User Accounts.
It is there to remind you that you have the fingerprint reader and software
installed. I don't think that you can remove it.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

Luis S

Re: Fingerprint Reader, Welcome Page
Hi Jane

I have the opposite problem, with WXP Pro. Somehow the icon for the
fingerprint reader at logon disapered and I can not log with that option. How
can I make it "show up" again?

Tkyou vm