Needs administer permission

LostOnline

Needs administer permission

Ok, so HOW do I give permission in Vista? If I see this pop up one more
time, I will pull my hair out. I have changed all my user accounts to
admin in an attempt to get just one to give me permission to do
anything.

OMG, I should have gotten the MAC.

--
LostOnline
Bo

Re: Needs administer permission
On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 21:37:23 -0600, LostOnline
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Ok, so HOW do I give permission in Vista? If I see this pop up one more
>time, I will pull my hair out. I have changed all my user accounts to
>admin in an attempt to get just one to give me permission to do
>anything.

Go to User Accounts and disable UAC.
LostOnline

Re: Needs administer permission

I have read that it is not advisable to disable UAC. Is this really the
only way to reduce the amount of permission requests Vista asks for?

--
LostOnline
Bo

Re: Needs administer permission
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:21:04 -0600, LostOnline
<guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>I have read that it is not advisable to disable UAC. Is this really the
>only way to reduce the amount of permission requests Vista asks for?

Yep.
SIW2

LostOnline;931804 Wrote:
> Ok, so HOW do I give permission in Vista? If I see this pop up one more
> time, I will pull my hair out. I have changed all my user accounts to
> admin in an attempt to get just one to give me permission to do
> anything.
>
> OMG, I should have gotten the MAC.

> Go to User Accounts and disable UAC.
> Bo.> I have read that it is not advisable to disable UAC. Is this really the
> only way to reduce the amount of permission requests Vista asks for?
> Lostonline
>
> > Yep.

> BoHi Lostonline,

You may wish to try this. I have been using it on Vista x64 without any
problems.

'User Access Control - Vista User Account Control - UAC | Norton Labs'
(http://www.nortonlabs.com/inthelab/uac.php)

Hope it helps

SIW2

--
SIW2
Bruce Chambers

LostOnline wrote:
> Ok, so HOW do I give permission in Vista? If I see this pop up one more
> time, I will pull my hair out. I have changed all my user accounts to
> admin in an attempt to get just one to give me permission to do
> anything.
>
> OMG, I should have gotten the MAC.

Windows Vista Features Explained: User Account Control
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ntcontrol.mspx

How to use User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922708/en-us

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
LostOnline

SIW2;932480 Wrote:
> Hi Lostonline,
>
> You may wish to try this. I have been using it on Vista x64 without any
> problems.
>
> 'User Access Control - Vista User Account Control - UAC | Norton Labs'
> (http://www.nortonlabs.com/inthelab/uac.php)
>
> Hope it helps
>
> SIW2

Interesting... thanks for the link!!!

--
LostOnline
SIW2

LostOnline;932981 Wrote:
> > SIW2;932480 Wrote:
> > Hi Lostonline,
> >
> > You may wish to try this. I have been using it on Vista x64 without any
> > problems.
> >
> > 'User Access Control - Vista User Account Control - UAC | Norton Labs'
> > (http://www.nortonlabs.com/inthelab/uac.php)
> >
> > Hope it helps
> >
> > SIW2> >

> Interesting... thanks for the link!!!

You're welcome

SIW2

--
SIW2
DevilsPGD

Re: Needs administer permission
In message <328440a7556e822f920b07fa93339a36@nntp-gateway.com>
LostOnline <guest@unknown-email.com> was claimed to have wrote:

>OMG, I should have gotten the MAC.

Don't worry, OSX prompts you to elevate too when required.