Vista permission issue (user/computer specific)...?
There were a lot of way I could go with this, but my searchs did not net me
with a result. If there is a thread that touches on this issue, please direct
me to it. In any case, her is the 411...
Office network (Windows Server 2000-Active Directory, Windows Server
2003-faxing program, client computers running Vista Business). Keep getting a
DCX output error when the Vista users attempt to fax, but check out these
1. The DCX issue appears only when the users (1, 2) sign on to their OWN
2. The DCX issue DOES NOT occur when user 1 signs on to user 2's computer
and vise versa.
3. The DCX issue DOES NOT occur when any other user sings on the 1 and/or
4. The DCX issue DOES NOT occur when users 1, while using its own
computer, right clicks and selects "Run as Administrator" (inputting the
username/password of the network administrator). Same for user 2.
5. This DCX issue DOES NOT occur when users 1 and/or 2, while using their
own computers, have their network privileges elevated to Domain Admin status.
I just don't get it. All I can surmise is that there maybe a program,
installed by users 1 and/or 2, that is causing this. Any help would be