Administrator Password

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FyYnJh?=

Administrator Password
Have just brought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium installed. My sons
have decided that they want to load up software without my knowledge; this
was not what the laptop was brought for.

I decided to create an Admin Account and Family Account to stop the loading
of unwanted software, plus set up internet parental controls.

Now every time I go to change any setting, the window comes up "Windows
Needs Your Permission and type in your password." But there is nowhere to
type in the password. Even when I log in on Admin and try to make changes, it
asks me the same question and nowhere to enter the Password.

One mistake that I’ve done is not to make a “Password reset disk”

Can anyone help?????

youyang

Re: Administrator Password
Hi, Carbra
I don't know what you want to know,
Maybe, you want to reset the administrator account's password, right?

--
Thanks
*
"Carbra" <Carbra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have just brought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium installed. My sons
> have decided that they want to load up software without my knowledge; this
> was not what the laptop was brought for.
>
> I decided to create an Admin Account and Family Account to stop the
> of unwanted software, plus set up internet parental controls.
>
> Now every time I go to change any setting, the window comes up "Windows
> Needs Your Permission and type in your password." But there is nowhere to
> type in the password. Even when I log in on Admin and try to make changes,
> it
> asks me the same question and nowhere to enter the Password.
>
> One mistake that I’ve done is not to make a “Password reset disk”
>
> Can anyone help?????

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Administrator Password
Carbra

The only time a prompt to enter the administrator password should pop is
when you are logged on with a Standard User account? If you are logged with
an Administrator account, you should just see a prompt with a Continue or
Cancel button.

Are you sure you are logged on with an administrator account?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Carbra" <Carbra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have just brought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium installed. My sons
> have decided that they want to load up software without my knowledge; this
> was not what the laptop was brought for.
>
> I decided to create an Admin Account and Family Account to stop the
> of unwanted software, plus set up internet parental controls.
>
> Now every time I go to change any setting, the window comes up "Windows
> Needs Your Permission and type in your password." But there is nowhere to
> type in the password. Even when I log in on Admin and try to make changes,
> it
> asks me the same question and nowhere to enter the Password.
>
> One mistake that I’ve done is not to make a “Password reset disk”
>
> Can anyone help?????

=?Utf-8?B?YXJjaGVyKHRoZXJ1c3RvZnN1bnNoaW5lQGhvdG1haWwuY29tKQ==?=

Re: Administrator Password
i am also get the same problem,i have change my first logged name to a
standard account and forbidden the amin account, i am can't find the place to
enter the amin's password,it's gray.

any body can help me please? i want back my control.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Carbra
>
> The only time a prompt to enter the administrator password should pop is
> when you are logged on with a Standard User account? If you are logged with
> an Administrator account, you should just see a prompt with a Continue or
> Cancel button.
>
> Are you sure you are logged on with an administrator account?
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Carbra" <Carbra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have just brought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium installed. My sons
> > have decided that they want to load up software without my knowledge; this
> > was not what the laptop was brought for.
> >
> > I decided to create an Admin Account and Family Account to stop the
> > of unwanted software, plus set up internet parental controls.
> >
> > Now every time I go to change any setting, the window comes up "Windows
> > Needs Your Permission and type in your password." But there is nowhere to
> > type in the password. Even when I log in on Admin and try to make changes,
> > it
> > asks me the same question and nowhere to enter the Password.
> >
> > One mistake that I’ve done is not to make a “Password reset disk”
> >
> > Can anyone help?????

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Administrator Password
The administrator account that you are seeing when the UAC prompt pops up is
probably the built-in admin account since you changed the only other admin
account to a standard user account.

The built-in admin account does not have a password associated with it until
you set a password for that account.

When that prompt pops up again try pressing the Enter key.

Let me know what happens.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP