Lost password

Or Tsemah

Lost password
Hi,
What is the best method for recovering lost user passwords without Pre
making a Password disk or Re-Installing vista ?

--
Or Tsemah
YSIDE

youyang

Re: Lost password
May I know the lost account's type,
Is it the build-in administrator account?
If the account is not the Vista's build-in administrator, you can reset its
password, by the build-in administrator account in Vista.

--
Thanks
*
"Or Tsemah" <ort@yside.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> What is the best method for recovering lost user passwords without Pre
> making a Password disk or Re-Installing vista ?
>
> --
> Or Tsemah
> YSIDE

Bruce Chambers

Re: Lost password
"Or Tsemah" <ort@yside.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> What is the best method for recovering lost user passwords without Pre
> making a Password disk or Re-Installing vista ?
>
> --
> Or Tsemah
> YSIDE

You can't actually "recover" any passwords, but you can log in using the
built-in Administrator account (provided you thought to enable it) and use
it to reset the passwords of any other user accounts.

--
Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin

Paul Randall

Re: Lost password

> "Or Tsemah" <ort@yside.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> What is the best method for recovering lost user passwords without Pre
>> making a Password disk or Re-Installing vista ?
>>
>> --
>> Or Tsemah
>> YSIDE

> You can't actually "recover" any passwords, but you can log in using
> the built-in Administrator account (provided you thought to enable it) and
> use it to reset the passwords of any other user accounts.

Question 1:
What do you mean by 'using the
> built-in Administrator account (provided you thought to enable it)'?

I have Vista Home Basic on a Compaq desktop with Vista preinstalled.
I created just one account, and specified a password for it.
Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Manage accounts shows only two accounts:
1) Me, Administrator, Password Protected
2) Guest account is off.
On first bootup, I didn't see any option to enable any built-in
administrator account.

How do I find this built-in administrator account?

Question 2:
On searching Help & Support, it says I can create a password reset disk, on
CD or on a USB thumbdrive, but it doesn't say how much space it takes up or
whether the CD/thumbdrive can contain other stuff.

Is the 'password reset disk' just any media on which userkey.psw resides and
can be seen by the system at login?

-Paul Randall

Or Tsemah

Re: Lost password
Is the administrator account enabled in safe mode ?

Or.

--
Or Tsemah
YSIDE