Password forgotten owners account

Mary McNeill

Password forgotten owners account
I am beyond frustrated====13 yr old forgot password on OWNERS ACCOUNT
Administrative account AND GUEST ACCOUNT IS disabeled. I AM TRYING TO ENTER
THROUGH SAFE MODE AND IT KEEPS ASKING FOR A PASSWORD WHAT CAN I DO ASIDE FROM
CHUCKING THIS COMPUTER OUT THE WINDOW.
--
Mary
Bruce Chambers

Re: Password forgotten owners account
Mary McNeill wrote:
> I am beyond frustrated====13 yr old forgot password on OWNERS ACCOUNT
> Administrative account AND GUEST ACCOUNT IS disabeled. I AM TRYING TO ENTER
> THROUGH SAFE MODE AND IT KEEPS ASKING FOR A PASSWORD WHAT CAN I DO ASIDE FROM
> CHUCKING THIS COMPUTER OUT THE WINDOW.

Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which
cannot be deleted) and modify the desired account(s) and use Start > Run
> "control userpasswords2" to modify the desired account(s).

Unless you set the built-in Administrator's password via the
Management Console (_not_ the Control Panel), it's probably still blank.
WinXP Pro asks the user to set the Administrator's password during
installation, but WinXP Home doesn't.

By design, the only way to log into the Administrator account of
WinXP Home is to reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing
CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login
dialog box.

How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
Password Expires

Failing that, Linux-based password cracking utilities abound on the
Internet, freely available to anyone who can use Google.

Also, please unstick your CapsLock key. Posting in all caps, as
you have done, is the Usenet equivalent of shouting, and is considered
very rude by a large number of people. More importantly, posting in all
caps makes the post harder to read, further reducing your chances of
getting help; a great many people won't even try to read such a message.
If you really want help, simply comply with the dictates of common
courtesy and the conventions of the venue.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
richc46

Mary McNeill;928442 Wrote:
> I am beyond frustrated====13 yr old forgot password on OWNERS ACCOUNT
> Administrative account AND GUEST ACCOUNT IS disabeled. I AM TRYING TO
> ENTER
> THROUGH SAFE MODE AND IT KEEPS ASKING FOR A PASSWORD WHAT CAN I DO
> ASIDE FROM
> CHUCKING THIS COMPUTER OUT THE WINDOW.
> --
> Mary

Sorry, the only suggestion given in the manual is to reinstall windows.
My only other comments are: Can you use the password hint for help?

--
richc46
Brink

Re: Password forgotten owners account

Hello Mary,

Method Three in this tutorial may be able to help you reset your
password to gain access again.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...-password.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn