Administrator Account Corrupted

jamesandjd

Administrator Account Corrupted

About three weeks ago I tried to make an administrator account purely
for administrator purposes so that I could go on to the internet from my
normal account without running the risk of viruses getting full control
of my computer.

During the process of the account being made, windows update forced my
computer to restart.

When it returned to the login screen, I tried to login to the
administrator account but it said "Error loading account/User files not
found/Logging Off" and went out of the account and back to the previous
screen.

I went into the, what was now, standard account and tried a few
administrator actions. It allowed me, without difficuilty, to install
and uninstall programs.

However, I was unable to delete certain files of my computer, delete
shortcuts or, worst of all create, delete or modify user accounts in any
way.

My computer is now almost unusable and getting worse, just today, I
found out that when I try to access windows explorer, it stops
responding and restarts so now I can't access my files, recycle bin or
control panel!

I beg of you to help me as this computer costed me £850 1 year ago and
I can't afford to replace it for at least another five years. I will do
whatever to fix it

--
jamesandjd
richc46

Re: Administrator Account Corrupted

jamesandjd;927050 Wrote:
> About three weeks ago I tried to make an administrator account purely
> for administrator purposes so that I could go on to the internet from my
> normal account without running the risk of viruses getting full control
> of my computer.
>
> During the process of the account being made, windows update forced my
> computer to restart.
>
> When it returned to the login screen, I tried to login to the
> administrator account but it said "Error loading account/User files not
> found/Logging Off" and went out of the account and back to the previous
> screen.
>
> I went into the, what was now, standard account and tried a few
> administrator actions. It allowed me, without difficuilty, to install
> and uninstall programs.
>
> However, I was unable to delete certain files of my computer, delete
> shortcuts or, worst of all create, delete or modify user accounts in any
> way.
>
> My computer is now almost unusable and getting worse, just today, I
> found out that when I try to access windows explorer, it stops
> responding and restarts so now I can't access my files, recycle bin or
> control panel!
>
> I beg of you to help me as this computer costed me £850 1 year ago and
> I can't afford to replace it for at least another five years. I will do
> whatever to fix it

The only thing that I can think of is so obvious that you probably
tried it already. If you can do a system restore you can restore your
computer to a time prior to your problem.

--
richc46
oscar

RE: Administrator Account Corrupted
From what you described it seems that some Vista OS files are corrupted.
Without administrator control you may not be able to fix them. Last resort:
migrate all of your important data files to an external drive and reinstall
Vista.

Once you get your computer back to a normal state, you should consider a
good backup program such as ACRONIS.

Good luck...
--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...