Display Administrator Account - Vista Business

Lee

Display Administrator Account - Vista Business
Happy 2009

Some time back I found an option that allowed me to display the system
administrator account on my login screen. I now want to turn this off and
cannot remember where the option resides.

Please help

Cheers, Lee

Airbot

Re: Display Administrator Account - Vista Business

Lee;925645 Wrote:
> Happy 2009
>
> Some time back I found an option that allowed me to display the system
> administrator account on my login screen. I now want to turn this off
> and
> cannot remember where the option resides.
>
> Please help
>
> Cheers, Lee

Hi lee,

you might have a read through these tutorials and see if you can find
your answer.
Go to User Accounts section.

'Tutorials - Vista Forums' (http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/)

--
Airbot

If I helped you then you can click on the scales arty:
If you helped me then Thank You.
Aaron
Lee

Re: Display Administrator Account - Vista Business
Hi there - thanks for responding

I followed as advised - result is

System error 5 has occurred.
Access is denied.

I am not logged in to the admin account and checked it is not password
protected - is there anything else I can try?

Lee;925693 Wrote:
> Hi there - thanks for responding
>
> I followed as advised - result is
>
> System error 5 has occurred.
> Access is denied.
>
> I am not logged in to the admin account and checked it is not password
> protected - is there anything else I can try?

> "Airbot" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:19afd6170b48ed7cfdcfa7f1a39117b9@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >

> > > system
> > > off

> > > Hi lee,
> > >
> > > you might have a read through these tutorials and see if you can

> > find
> > > your answer.
> > > Go to User Accounts section.
> > >

> > > 'Tutorials - Vista Forums' ('Tutorials - Vista Forums'

> > (http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/))
> > >

> > > --
> > > Airbot
> > >
> > > If I helped you then you can click on the scales arty:
> > > If you helped me then Thank You.
> > > Aaron > >

You would have to be logged in as an administrator

--
Airbot

If I helped you then you can click on the scales arty:
If you helped me then Thank You.
Aaron
Lee

Re: Display Administrator Account - Vista Business
I am an administrator

Not to worry - I'll just make sure to put a password back on and leave it
there.

Thanks for your help

> Lee;925693 Wrote:
>> Hi there - thanks for responding
>>
>> I followed as advised - result is
>>
>> System error 5 has occurred.
>> Access is denied.
>>
>> I am not logged in to the admin account and checked it is not password
>> protected - is there anything else I can try?

>> "Airbot" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
>> news:19afd6170b48ed7cfdcfa7f1a39117b9@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >

>> > find

>> > (http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/))

> You would have to be logged in as an administrator
>

> --
> Airbot
>
> If I helped you then you can click on the scales arty:
> If you helped me then Thank You.
> Aaron

Lee

Re: Display Administrator Account - Vista Business
OK - so I went back and had another go. I turned off UAC beforehand and it
worked.

Thanks again

Lee;926039 Wrote:
> OK - so I went back and had another go. I turned off UAC beforehand and
> it
> worked.
>
> Thanks again

> "Airbot" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:455602d3cfe2eb4c2798a6bf284f8694@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >

> > > password

> > > You would have to be logged in as an administrator
> > >

> > > --
> > > Airbot
> > >
> > > If I helped you then you can click on the scales arty:
> > > If you helped me then Thank You.
> > > Aaron > >

Sometimes you have to temporarily disable it or use the super
administrator.
I'm glad you got it worked out.