Administrator's privileges

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZSBTdHVtcA==?=

Administrator's privileges
My email program tells me I need administrator privileges to set it as default.
When I run gpedit.mcs it tells me that vista can not find it. I understand
that I need to run it to get full administrator's rights. I am running vist
home premium on a new gateway computer. thank for any help you can give me.
Charlie
Kerry Brown

Re: Administrator's privileges
Right click on the shortcut to start the email program and pick Run as
administrator.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"Charlie Stump" <Charlie Stump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My email program tells me I need administrator privileges to set it as
> default.
> When I run gpedit.mcs it tells me that vista can not find it. I understand
> that I need to run it to get full administrator's rights. I am running
> vist
> home premium on a new gateway computer. thank for any help you can give
> me.
> Charlie

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZSBTdHVtcA==?=

Re: Administrator's privileges
Kerry thank you for responding to my post, but i still can not set it as
default.
It seem as though microsoft does not give full administrator right as
default..
I understand you can get full rights by running gpedit.mcs but it tells me
it can not find it when i try to run it.

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> Right click on the shortcut to start the email program and pick Run as
> administrator.
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>

> "Charlie Stump" <Charlie Stump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My email program tells me I need administrator privileges to set it as
> > default.
> > When I run gpedit.mcs it tells me that vista can not find it. I understand
> > that I need to run it to get full administrator's rights. I am running
> > vist
> > home premium on a new gateway computer. thank for any help you can give
> > me.
> > Charlie

Kerry Brown

Re: Administrator's privileges
Not all versions of Windows have the gpedit snapin. It sounds like the
program is not compatible with Vista. have you checked if there is a newer
version? Have you tried compatibility mode?

--

> Kerry thank you for responding to my post, but i still can not set it as
> default.
> It seem as though microsoft does not give full administrator right as
> default..
> I understand you can get full rights by running gpedit.mcs but it tells me
> it can not find it when i try to run it.
>
> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>
>> Right click on the shortcut to start the email program and pick Run as
>> administrator.
>>
>> --
>> Kerry Brown
>> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
>> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>>

>> "Charlie Stump" <Charlie Stump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > My email program tells me I need administrator privileges to set it as
>> > default.
>> > When I run gpedit.mcs it tells me that vista can not find it. I
>> > understand
>> > that I need to run it to get full administrator's rights. I am running
>> > vist
>> > home premium on a new gateway computer. thank for any help you can give
>> > me.
>> > Charlie

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZSBTdHVtcA==?=

Re: Administrator's privileges

Kerry thanks again for the response. I have the latest version of my email
program. By the way the email program is Incredimail. I have vista home
premium. Do you know if it gpedit snapin should be included with Home Premium.
Thank you again Charlie
"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> Not all versions of Windows have the gpedit snapin. It sounds like the
> program is not compatible with Vista. have you checked if there is a newer
> version? Have you tried compatibility mode?
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>

> "Charlie Stump" <CharlieStump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Kerry thank you for responding to my post, but i still can not set it as
> > default.
> > It seem as though microsoft does not give full administrator right as
> > default..
> > I understand you can get full rights by running gpedit.mcs but it tells me
> > it can not find it when i try to run it.
> >
> > "Kerry Brown" wrote:
> >
> >> Right click on the shortcut to start the email program and pick Run as
> >> administrator.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Kerry Brown
> >> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> >> http://www.vistahelp.ca
> >>

> >> "Charlie Stump" <Charlie Stump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Kerry Brown

Re: Administrator's privileges
Gpedit is not included with Vista Home Premium.

Incredimail is not compatible with Vista.

http://www.incredimail.com/incredima...=263&lang_id=9

I know Incredimail is a very popular program but personally I can't stand
it. People that send me email created with Incredimail quickly get on my
blocked senders list.

--

> Kerry thanks again for the response. I have the latest version of my email
> program. By the way the email program is Incredimail. I have vista home
> premium. Do you know if it gpedit snapin should be included with Home
> Premium.
> Thank you again Charlie
> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>
>> Not all versions of Windows have the gpedit snapin. It sounds like the
>> program is not compatible with Vista. have you checked if there is a
>> newer
>> version? Have you tried compatibility mode?
>>
>> --
>> Kerry Brown
>> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
>> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>>

>> "Charlie Stump" <CharlieStump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Kerry thank you for responding to my post, but i still can not set it
>> > as
>> > default.
>> > It seem as though microsoft does not give full administrator right as
>> > default..
>> > I understand you can get full rights by running gpedit.mcs but it tells
>> > me
>> > it can not find it when i try to run it.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZSBTdHVtcA==?=

Re: Administrator's privileges
Thanks again,I kind of like the ease of use of incredimail Why would you not
like to receive it It does not send any ads or anything would the paid
version. Incredimail works great with vista except you can not make it your
default but it is the only one on my computer so it still works as default.

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> Gpedit is not included with Vista Home Premium.
>
> Incredimail is not compatible with Vista.
>
> http://www.incredimail.com/incredima...=263&lang_id=9
>
> I know Incredimail is a very popular program but personally I can't stand
> it. People that send me email created with Incredimail quickly get on my
> blocked senders list.
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>

> "Charlie Stump" <CharlieStump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Kerry thanks again for the response. I have the latest version of my email
> > program. By the way the email program is Incredimail. I have vista home
> > premium. Do you know if it gpedit snapin should be included with Home
> > Premium.
> > Thank you again Charlie
> > "Kerry Brown" wrote:
> >
> >> Not all versions of Windows have the gpedit snapin. It sounds like the
> >> program is not compatible with Vista. have you checked if there is a
> >> newer
> >> version? Have you tried compatibility mode?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Kerry Brown
> >> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> >> http://www.vistahelp.ca

Kerry Brown

Re: Administrator's privileges
Incredimail makes extensive use of HTML and scripting. As a security
precaution I read all my email as plain text so I see a bunch of garbage on
the screen. In many cases email composed with Incredimail doesn't make it
past my spam filters so I never see it in the first place.

--

> Thanks again,I kind of like the ease of use of incredimail Why would you
> not
> like to receive it It does not send any ads or anything would the paid
> version. Incredimail works great with vista except you can not make it
> your
> default but it is the only one on my computer so it still works as
> default.
>
> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>
>> Gpedit is not included with Vista Home Premium.
>>
>> Incredimail is not compatible with Vista.
>>
>> http://www.incredimail.com/incredima...=263&lang_id=9
>>
>> I know Incredimail is a very popular program but personally I can't stand
>> it. People that send me email created with Incredimail quickly get on my
>> blocked senders list.
>>
>> --
>> Kerry Brown
>> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
>> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>>

>> "Charlie Stump" <CharlieStump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Kerry thanks again for the response. I have the latest version of my
>> > email
>> > program. By the way the email program is Incredimail. I have vista
>> > home
>> > premium. Do you know if it gpedit snapin should be included with Home
>> > Premium.
>> > Thank you again Charlie

=?Utf-8?B?d3d3LmpvbnBhdWxtdXNpYy5jby51aw==?=

RE: Administrator's privileges
force quit your pc and start in safe mode then run and set as default should
work fine when you restart pc in normal mode

"Charlie Stump" wrote:

> My email program tells me I need administrator privileges to set it as default.
> When I run gpedit.mcs it tells me that vista can not find it. I understand
> that I need to run it to get full administrator's rights. I am running vist
> home premium on a new gateway computer. thank for any help you can give me.
> Charlie

Donald L McDaniel

Re: Administrator's privileges
On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 08:54:03 -0700, Charlie Stump <Charlie
Stump@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My email program tells me I need administrator privileges to set it as default.
>When I run gpedit.mcs it tells me that vista can not find it. I understand
>that I need to run it to get full administrator's rights. I am running vist
>home premium on a new gateway computer. thank for any help you can give me.
>Charlie

NOTE that you will never be able to find gpedit.msc on Vista Home Premium. It
is not available to users of Home Premium -- only Business and above.

IF you were by some chance to find it in an obscure subfolder of an obscure
subfolder of "Windows\System32", opening it would result in a message
somewhere along the lines of "This module is not available to users of Vista
Home Premium. See the Network Administrator...."

"Computer Administrator" no longer means what it used to, apparently.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread and message.