Forgot Password in Vista Home Premium

ZuAb

Forgot Password in Vista Home Premium
Hello all

Recently I've got a laptop wich came with WIndos Vista HOme Premium
installed. I decided to put a Password in my administrator account, but I've
forgotten it...And there is no other open account, just the administrator one
of wich I've lost the password - I didn't create a pssword reset disk.

Is there anything I can do? Can You please Help me?
--
Thank You for the attention
ZuAb
The Max

Re: Forgot Password in Vista Home Premium
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:48:03 -0800, ZuAb
<ZuAb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello all
>
>Recently I've got a laptop wich came with WIndos Vista HOme Premium
>installed. I decided to put a Password in my administrator account, but I've
>forgotten it...And there is no other open account, just the administrator one
>of wich I've lost the password - I didn't create a pssword reset disk.
>
>Is there anything I can do? Can You please Help me?

Enable the hidden Administrator account,

http://lifehacker.com/341521/enable-...trator-account

Logoff, logon using that account, reset your own account's password.

Brian Clegg

Re: Forgot Password in Vista Home Premium
but hes saying he cant get past the logon screen cos no password so how can
he enable the built in administrator account to log in from that then reset
his password for the normal user account

"The Max" <max.imus@geemail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:48:03 -0800, ZuAb
> <ZuAb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello all
>>
>>Recently I've got a laptop wich came with WIndos Vista HOme Premium
>>installed. I decided to put a Password in my administrator account, but
>>I've
>>forgotten it...And there is no other open account, just the administrator
>>one
>>of wich I've lost the password - I didn't create a pssword reset disk.
>>
>>Is there anything I can do? Can You please Help me?

> Enable the hidden Administrator account,
>
> http://lifehacker.com/341521/enable-...trator-account
>
> Logoff, logon using that account, reset your own account's password.

The Max

Re: Forgot Password in Vista Home Premium
On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 13:46:11 -0000, "Brian Clegg"
<brianclegg1@hotmail.com> wrote:

>but hes saying he cant get past the logon screen cos no password so how can
>he enable the built in administrator account to log in from that then reset
>his password for the normal user account

You're absolutely right! I have no idea what I was thinking about
when I replied. I left out an important part. Thanks for bringing it
up.

If the OP is still looking for a fix - and I doubt it since it's been
so long - entering Safe Mode and logging in as Administrator will
enable going to the user account area and changing the password on the
problem account.

To enter Safe Mode, repeatedly tap the F8 key a couple times a second
during bootup or a system restart BEFORE Windows starts to load.

Max

>"The Max" <max.imus@geemail.com> wrote in message
>news:camdk49825ilmmbjmokjcv83509ffnj4jc@4ax.com.. .
>> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:48:03 -0800, ZuAb
>> <ZuAb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hello all
>>>
>>>Recently I've got a laptop wich came with WIndos Vista HOme Premium
>>>installed. I decided to put a Password in my administrator account, but
>>>I've
>>>forgotten it...And there is no other open account, just the administrator
>>>one
>>>of wich I've lost the password - I didn't create a pssword reset disk.
>>>
>>>Is there anything I can do? Can You please Help me?

>> Enable the hidden Administrator account,
>>
>> http://lifehacker.com/341521/enable-...trator-account
>>
>> Logoff, logon using that account, reset your own account's password.

Koulfire is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Forgot Password in Vista Home Premium
hi... i have a similar problem. I'm a greek and recently i got a laptop with windows vista home premium on. i created an admin account and then i set a password for the built in administrator... now i've forgotten my password (not the one. for the built in administrator. that one i still remember) but when i boot on safe mode i don't see the built in administrator account... i also have a standard user. Please help. is there any way i can reset my forgotten password or make the built in administrator appear? i tried with command prompt but since i don't remember my password i can't open it as admin. there is another admin on my computer to but he's abroad and he will be for another month or two and he hasn't given me his new phone number yet.