*!NOT your usual Vista Password Problem - Incorrect Password even every time even after resetting

fvuong

*!NOT your usual Vista Password Problem - Incorrect Password even every time even after resetting

Hi There Experts and Gurus,

I've been doing Windows Tech Support for 5 years and I have never ran
into a problem like this. Hope some one can help:

Background: I know how to reset (to blank) my Windows Password using
third party software, password reset disc. I AM NOT ASKING for help in
logging into windows because I can always reset the password to blank
and get in.

So here's the "symptoms", hope some body can determine the "problem"
and provide a "cure" not merely a temporary "treatment.

1. User (admin) account has password. Password has NOT been changed.
Or password has JUST been changed and we KNOW what it is. Suddenly,
after logging out or restarting computer, we cannot log in again. You
get the usual Password incorrect message. Vista Home Premium even shows
the password hint. Yet it will not take the "correct" password.

2. In order to login, I have to "reset" the password, using various
methods that are floating around on the internet. The process works
ONLY by "blanking" the password. So I can log into Windows...don't give
me solution on how to log into windows, please.

3. Once logged into windows, I go about creating a password. I log
out, then try to log back in with that password....and guest what
"Windows does not recognize it". Neither old or new password works.

3a. So I go thru the password reset methods again, blanking it, and I
am able to log in using the blank pw.

3b. I go and create NEW USER. If the NEW USER has BLANK password, I
can login with no problem. But if I set a password for the new user
account or any account, windows will not recognize the password again.

So does any one see the picture here? I don't have problem getting
into my windows because I know how to reset the password by blanking
it.

My problem is I DO WANT TO SECURE IT WITH A PASSWORD. But by putting
on a password, Windows does not recognize the password afterward to
allow access. This problem happens consistently every time a password
is created.

So the Solution I am looking for is a FIX, a one-time CURE, to the
password problem, so that I do not have to do the password reset every
single time.

In other word, SECURITY is an important issue to me, so having a
"blank" password is NOT and OPTION.

Why does the password not get recognized? Does it get corrupted some
how? What are the fixes?

Too many experts out there are focusing on the "temporary treatment" by
telling people how to hack and crack and reset their password, but when
the problem reoccurs repeated, no one seems to have an answer to a
reliable fix.

My greatest respect to all the gurus out there and all the people who
are offering advices and answers. Please consider this a "challenge"
for the experts!

--
fvuong
fvuong's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/fvuong.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

ewastudent

Re: *!NOT your usual Vista Password Problem - Incorrect Password even every time even after resetting
there is only one solution to this, buy a mac
"fvuong" <fvuong.3k9wbc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> [...]
> allow access. This problem happens consistently every time a password
> is created.
>
> So the Solution I am looking for is a FIX, a one-time CURE, to the
> password problem, so that I do not have to do the password reset every
> single time.
>
> In other word, SECURITY is an important issue to me, so having a
> "blank" password is NOT and OPTION.
>
> Why does the password not get recognized? Does it get corrupted some
> how? What are the fixes?
>
> Too many experts out there are focusing on the "temporary treatment" by
> telling people how to hack and crack and reset their password, but when
> the problem reoccurs repeated, no one seems to have an answer to a
> reliable fix.
>
> My greatest respect to all the gurus out there and all the people who
> are offering advices and answers. Please consider this a "challenge"

Jimmy Brush

Re: *!NOT your usual Vista Password Problem - Incorrect Password even every time even after resetting
Hello,

The first thing I would try is to click the blue accessibility button on the
welcome screen and select type without the keyboard. Then, use the onscreen
keyboard to type the password. The keyboard format of the welcome may have
been changed to a non-QWERTY keyboard.

- JB

> [...]
> allow access. This problem happens consistently every time a password
> is created.
>
> So the Solution I am looking for is a FIX, a one-time CURE, to the
> password problem, so that I do not have to do the password reset every
> single time.
>
> In other word, SECURITY is an important issue to me, so having a
> "blank" password is NOT and OPTION.
>
> Why does the password not get recognized? Does it get corrupted some
> how? What are the fixes?
>
> Too many experts out there are focusing on the "temporary treatment" by
> telling people how to hack and crack and reset their password, but when
> the problem reoccurs repeated, no one seems to have an answer to a
> reliable fix.
>
> My greatest respect to all the gurus out there and all the people who
> are offering advices and answers. Please consider this a "challenge"

Kerry Brown

Re: *!NOT your usual Vista Password Problem - Incorrect Password even every time even after resetting
Are you doing this on a laptop? Does the laptop sometimes have another
keyboard hooked up but you are now using the laptop keyboard? Check that the
numlock is not active. If you have the numlock active on an external
keyboard then reboot without the external keyboard with some laptops this
leaves numlock active. This makes some keys numbers instead of letters i.e
u=4 i=5 o-6 etc. Once you logon the numlock is turned off. Because you can't
see the characters you type in the logon screen you don't know if they are
what you expect when you press a key.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

> [...]
> allow access. This problem happens consistently every time a password
> is created.
>
> So the Solution I am looking for is a FIX, a one-time CURE, to the
> password problem, so that I do not have to do the password reset every
> single time.
>
> In other word, SECURITY is an important issue to me, so having a
> "blank" password is NOT and OPTION.
>
> Why does the password not get recognized? Does it get corrupted some
> how? What are the fixes?
>
> Too many experts out there are focusing on the "temporary treatment" by
> telling people how to hack and crack and reset their password, but when
> the problem reoccurs repeated, no one seems to have an answer to a
> reliable fix.
>
> My greatest respect to all the gurus out there and all the people who
> are offering advices and answers. Please consider this a "challenge"

GTS

Re: *!NOT your usual Vista Password Problem - Incorrect Password even every time even after resetting
I've seen repeated password problems a few times (though not quite as
consistent as you report) when bad sectors were impacting the registry. You
might run chkdsk /r or the manufacturers drive diagnostic to check for, or
at least eliminate, this possibility.
--

> [...]
> allow access. This problem happens consistently every time a password
> is created.
>
> So the Solution I am looking for is a FIX, a one-time CURE, to the
> password problem, so that I do not have to do the password reset every
> single time.
>
> In other word, SECURITY is an important issue to me, so having a
> "blank" password is NOT and OPTION.
>
> Why does the password not get recognized? Does it get corrupted some
> how? What are the fixes?
>
> Too many experts out there are focusing on the "temporary treatment" by
> telling people how to hack and crack and reset their password, but when
> the problem reoccurs repeated, no one seems to have an answer to a
> reliable fix.
>
> My greatest respect to all the gurus out there and all the people who
> are offering advices and answers. Please consider this a "challenge"

rastus

Re: *!NOT your usual Vista Password Problem - Incorrect Password even every time even after resetting
Not an expert by any means but I know what you are talking about, have you
experienced any other symptoms like the system wont access updates?

If so there could be a problem with missing files in the registry or missing
file names which apparently tells Vista where to look for stuff,
it would appear to me that some files we download cause vista to loose its
registry configuration.

So just possibly there is no file there to tell Vista where to look for the
password, suggest get one machine by its self reload vista and see if that
machine has the same problem, having similar problems with vista and when
you look around so are a lot of other users, are you able to get automatic
updates?

Regards
Rastus

> [...]
> allow access. This problem happens consistently every time a password
> is created.
>
> So the Solution I am looking for is a FIX, a one-time CURE, to the
> password problem, so that I do not have to do the password reset every
> single time.
>
> In other word, SECURITY is an important issue to me, so having a
> "blank" password is NOT and OPTION.
>
> Why does the password not get recognized? Does it get corrupted some
> how? What are the fixes?
>
> Too many experts out there are focusing on the "temporary treatment" by
> telling people how to hack and crack and reset their password, but when
> the problem reoccurs repeated, no one seems to have an answer to a
> reliable fix.
>
> My greatest respect to all the gurus out there and all the people who
> are offering advices and answers. Please consider this a "challenge"

slacka_vt

Re: *!NOT your usual Vista Password Problem - Incorrect Password even every time even after resetting

Same exact problem here. This was fresh install of Vista and was not
able to log on with correct password. I gave Vista the benefit of the
doubt and reinstalled the OS. Still would not take the password I
created. I work in an IT department so I have installed hundreds upon
hundreds of O/S's and have never once seen anything like this !!

--
slacka_vt
slacka_vt's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/slacka_vt.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-adm...on/1086115.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

slacka_vt

Re: *!NOT your usual Vista Password Problem - Incorrect Password even every time even after resetting

From a tip I read on the other thread regarding this matter, I
reinstalled Vista onto a brand new Hard Drive and it fixed the problem.
It seems a bad Hard Drive was the culprit after all !! How odd.

--
slacka_vt
slacka_vt's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/slacka_vt.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-adm...on/1086115.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Munchmouth

Re: *!NOT your usual Vista Password Problem - Incorrect Password even every time even after resetting

I have a similar problem, I renamed the administrator to my name. I
then setup 2 other accounts for my wife and kids. I password protected
My account and My wifes. Now when I boot I get "incorrect name or
password" message. I can select ok, but when I do I have the option to
enter password or select other user. When I select other user I see 4
icons available 2 are the same name(mine) and icon. I can choose either
icon and input my password. I log in and then can logout and switch
users. When I switch users there are only 3 user accounts now. If I
disable passwords on all accounts it will auto login to my account
without hitting selection screen. I would opt for no password, but it
doesn't help, I don't want my wife and kids to have to log out of my
acccount everytime they boot the system, to get to their account. Does
this make sense?

Anyone ever had this problem?
It's not life or death just annoying!

Help!!!

--
Munchmouth

Always HUNGRY!!
Brink

Munchmouth;959287 Wrote:
> I have a similar problem, I renamed the administrator to my name. I then
> setup 2 other accounts for my wife and kids. I password protected My
> account and My wifes. Now when I boot I get "incorrect name or password"
> message. I can select ok, but when I do I have the option to enter
> password or select other user. When I select other user I see 4 icons
> available 2 are the same name(mine) and icon. I can choose either icon
> and input my password. I log in and then can logout and switch users.
> When I switch users there are only 3 user accounts now. If I disable
> passwords on all accounts it will auto login to my account without
> hitting selection screen. I would opt for no password, but it doesn't
> help, I don't want my wife and kids to have to log out of my acccount
> everytime they boot the system, to get to their account. Does this make
> sense?
>
> Anyone ever had this problem?
> It's not life or death just annoying!
>
> Help!!!

Hello Munchmouth,

Check to see if you have automatic log on turned on. If you do, then
just turn it off.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...matically.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn