retrieving files from deleted user account

nikita

retrieving files from deleted user account
Three people share the PC at home--Dad, bro, and me (nikita). I was having
problems with my account, so I decided to delete it then open a new one using
my dad's account. Before deleting, the computer asks whether to keep
nikita's files or delete them also. I clicked on "Keep files" and it said
the files would be saved in a folder called "nikita" on the desktop (dad's).
But when the account was finally deleted, no such folder appeared. I looked
for it everywhere, in other folders, etc., but can't find it anywhere.
Please help!
Michael Walraven

Re: retrieving files from deleted user account
You may find the files at
c:\users\nikita (or whatever your account was named)

Michael

"nikita" <nikita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Three people share the PC at home--Dad, bro, and me (nikita). I was
> having
> problems with my account, so I decided to delete it then open a new one
> using
> my dad's account. Before deleting, the computer asks whether to keep
> nikita's files or delete them also. I clicked on "Keep files" and it said
> the files would be saved in a folder called "nikita" on the desktop
> (dad's).
> But when the account was finally deleted, no such folder appeared. I
> looked
> for it everywhere, in other folders, etc., but can't find it anywhere.
> Please help!

litdev is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: retrieving files from deleted user account
Try clicking the start button (bottom left windows icon) and typing nikita in the 'Start search' option at the bottom. This should find any references to this directory if it exists, but it should be on the administrator account's desktop as you say. Also check the recycle bin in case it was deleted by mistake and is still there.
Baboon

RE: retrieving files from deleted user account
I'm not certain this will work, especially because I don't know which version
of Vista you use, but right click on the Users folder, choose Properties then
the Previous Versions tab (if one exists). If you see previous versions
listed, you may find one that predates your profile deletion and you may be
able to get to the files that way.

Good luck.