Changing Admin user name?

=?Utf-8?B?cmlkYXZpZDgx?=

Changing Admin user name?
I recently purchased a 2 week old dell from someone. When I upgraded to
Windows Vista I noticed the computer has two user accounts. Administrator and
Guest. Guest in turned off by default so obviously I must be using
Administrator. My question is, when I go to Task Manager I noticed on the
Processes Tab the user ame is listing the previous owner of this computer. In
user accounts I already changed the Administrator name to my name. Where can
I truly change the user name to my name and completely get rid of the
previous owners name. I cant find anywhere in windows vista to change this
information. Maybe in the registry??? Thanks
Bruce Chambers

Re: Changing Admin user name?
"ridavid81" <ridavid81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news42A2569-F563-45F1-B49F-D9BCE1C2D268@microsoft.com...
>I recently purchased a 2 week old dell from someone. When I upgraded to
> Windows Vista I noticed the computer has two user accounts. Administrator
> and
> Guest. Guest in turned off by default so obviously I must be using
> Administrator. My question is, when I go to Task Manager I noticed on the
> Processes Tab the user ame is listing the previous owner of this computer.
> In
> user accounts I already changed the Administrator name to my name. Where
> can
> I truly change the user name to my name and completely get rid of the
> previous owners name. I cant find anywhere in windows vista to change this
> information. Maybe in the registry??? Thanks

With second-hand computers, especially if acquired from strangers but
perhaps even if acquired from a family member or friend, your wisest course
of action would definitely be to format the hard drives and start fresh.
You don't want to get in trouble because the original owner may have filled
the hard drive with kiddie ****, or have problems because the original owner
downloaded/installed viruses or other malware.

The built-in Administrator account really was never intended to be used
for day-to-day normal use. The standard security practice is to rename the
account, set a strong password on it, and use it only to create another
account for regular use, reserving the Administrator account as a "back
door" in case something corrupts your regular account(s).

A wiser course of action would be to create another user account for
your daily use (as you've done), and copy desired the files and settings
from the Administrator account to this newly created user profile.

Create a User Account
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...36e531033.mspx