Lost Vista Administartor Password

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQ=?=

Lost Vista Administartor Password
I set up a new computer for my parents and everything worked fine for the 1st
two weeks. After that they got internet hooked up by the phone company and
now it seems the Administrator password has been changed. I wrote it down
when I first set up their computer but it no longer works. With Vista,
wouldn't the phone company tech have needed to use the password to install
the software needed for internet access?
I guess my main point is someone has changed the password (phone guy,
parents or one of my younger brothers) and no I can not install new software
or delete even simple things like shortcuts on the desktop. Is my only
option to completely erase the computer and re-install Vista? Also, I
purchased this computer from Dell and they have not shipped the Vista dvd
yet, is there some way to re-intall without waiting for the dvd?
Ujjval

RE: Lost Vista Administartor Password

Hi Scott,

I dont know If you have any Files on the Computer That you might loose
but if you can get the Vista DVD shipped out to you i think you can
Reinstall Windows Without loosing the Software shipped out to you by DELl.
i.e you need not reinstall all the Software CDs, it is calle das Dell Factory
image restore, so Be fore Doing any thing else please contact Dell Tect
Support at 1-800-624-9896 and get those Disks.

You should get the Following Disks Based on what you bought.
1) Vista OS DVD,
2) Drivers and Utilities DVD ( Resource CD).
3) Application backup CD,
4) Any software CDs if you have bought them (MS OFFICE, Word Perfect,
Antivirus ETC)
5) Modem CD( if Applicable)

So go get them and Post a Reply here and i will help you reinstall windows,
or they i.e Dell Tech Support Can help you, but you will loose any files that
you might have copied on the Computer.

Regards
Ujjval parnandi