re-create user folder structure

cuestakid

re-create user folder structure

hello everyone-

So I am taking a class on vista as part of my major requirements (im a
network admin major). As such, I have been doing a LOT of tinkering and
messing around with Vista, looking at things and playing with different
settings. Anyways, to make a complicated story short, I need to
re-create the admin, default and so on profiles as I somehow deleted the
default profile and had to make the admin profile the new "default
profile". So, is there any way to extact them from the vista DVD or do I
have to start over?

--
cuestakid
Brink

Re: re-create user folder structure

cuestakid;900122 Wrote:
> hello everyone-
>
> So I am taking a class on vista as part of my major requirements (im a
> network admin major). As such, I have been doing a LOT of tinkering and
> messing around with Vista, looking at things and playing with different
> settings. Anyways, to make a complicated story short, I need to
> re-create the admin, default and so on profiles as I somehow deleted the
> default profile and had to make the admin profile the new "default
> profile". So, is there any way to extact them from the vista DVD or do I
> have to start over?

Hello Cuestakid,

You can see if doing a System Restore using a restore point dated
before this problem can restore it for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76...store-how.html

If not, then you may be able to just create a new administrator account
for your default instead of the built-in administrator one.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
cuestakid

Re: re-create user folder structure

well i actually was able to extract the contents of the vista dvd via
using 7zip-and i was able to get the folder structure but I could not
find a way to copy it correctly so I actually ended up starting fresh as
I could no longer create any new users so I had no real other option-I
did try a system restore and that didnt really do anything
thanks anyway

--
cuestakid
Brink

Re: re-create user folder structure

I'm sorry that you ended up having to reinstall, but glad to hear that
you got it sorted at the end.