startup password

hawkeyesox

startup password

My parents laptop with vista basic locked-up. They could not clear it so
they turned the power off. When they rebooted, it came up with a black
screen. Then they turned the power off and pulled the battery. Now it
comes up with the black screen and is asking for a password (this is
before the vista logo appears). They are over 80 and have no idea what
the password is. Any ideas on how to get this computer up and running?

--
hawkeyesox
ewastudent

Re: startup password
stick your **** in the ethernet port
"hawkeyesox" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> My parents laptop with vista basic locked-up. They could not clear it so
> they turned the power off. When they rebooted, it came up with a black
> screen. Then they turned the power off and pulled the battery. Now it
> comes up with the black screen and is asking for a password (this is
> before the vista logo appears). They are over 80 and have no idea what
> the password is. Any ideas on how to get this computer up and running?
>

> --
> hawkeyesox

Shachar2

RE: startup password
press F8 when you turn on your computer a menu should appear before vista
loads.
choose safe mode, see if you can login with the administrator account and
reset the password

if you're requested for a username/password before the F8 menu or windows
vista you have some other protection program on your computer

"hawkeyesox" wrote:

> My parents laptop with vista basic locked-up. They could not clear it so
> they turned the power off. When they rebooted, it came up with a black
> screen. Then they turned the power off and pulled the battery. Now it
> comes up with the black screen and is asking for a password (this is
> before the vista logo appears). They are over 80 and have no idea what
> the password is. Any ideas on how to get this computer up and running?
>

> --
> hawkeyesox

Dennis Bryant BPC Solutions

Re: startup password
Sounds like it's a bios password for the laptop. Go to the manufacturer
site and see if you can find instructions on resetting the "bios password"