"You must be logged in to view"

Senior Citizen

"You must be logged in to view"
I have Windows Vista Basic Home, and just recently have ran into a
problem. When I go to a web-site that has hidden e-mail addresses
(click here to view, etc.), when I click on it, I get an error message
stating "You must be logged in to view". I don't know what I'm
supposed to be logged into (??), but I am correctly logged in on
Windows Vista when I boot up. In fact, I logged off there, and re-
logged in to make sure it's correct, but it doesn't correct the
problem.
I've read other postings dealing with similar problems, but not this
exact situation. Any help would be appreciated!
Louie

Re: "You must be logged in to view"
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 00:27:38 -0800 (PST), Senior Citizen
<n9ejs@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have Windows Vista Basic Home, and just recently have ran into a
>problem. When I go to a web-site that has hidden e-mail addresses
>(click here to view, etc.), when I click on it, I get an error message
>stating "You must be logged in to view". I don't know what I'm
>supposed to be logged into (??),

You are supposed to be logged into the SITE you are visiting.

Which means you must be "registered" or be a "member". Do you see any
such indication at the site?

>but I am correctly logged in on
>Windows Vista when I boot up. In fact, I logged off there, and re-
>logged in to make sure it's correct, but it doesn't correct the
>problem.
>I've read other postings dealing with similar problems, but not this
>exact situation. Any help would be appreciated!

Senior Citizen

Re: "You must be logged in to view"
By golly yes there is a log-in for that web-site, but I don't recall
having to log in before! Maybe they made a change that I didn't
catch. This Senior Citizen thanks you very much Louie!

= = = = = = =
On Nov 27, 3:36*am, Louie <louiek...@bluesky.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 00:27:38 -0800 (PST), Senior Citizen
>
> <n9...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >I have Windows Vista Basic Home, and just recently have ran into a
> >problem. *When I go to a web-site that has hidden e-mail addresses
> >(click here to view, etc.), when I click on it, I get an error message
> >stating "You must be logged in to view". *I don't know what I'm
> >supposed to be logged into (??),

> You are supposed to be logged into the SITE you are visiting.
>
> Which means you must be "registered" or be a "member". *Do you see any
> such indication at the site?
>
> >but I am correctly logged in on
> >Windows Vista when I boot up. *In fact, I logged off there, and re-
> >logged in to make sure it's correct, but it doesn't correct the
> >problem.
> >I've read other postings dealing with similar problems, but not this
> >exact situation. *Any help would be appreciated!

Louie

Re: "You must be logged in to view"
On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:15:07 -0800 (PST), Senior Citizen
<n9ejs@yahoo.com> wrote:

>By golly yes there is a log-in for that web-site, but I don't recall
>having to log in before! Maybe they made a change that I didn't
>catch. This Senior Citizen thanks you very much Louie!

From one senior citizen to another: you be welcome <grin>

>= = = = = = =
>On Nov 27, 3:36*am, Louie <louiek...@bluesky.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 00:27:38 -0800 (PST), Senior Citizen
>>
>> <n9...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >I have Windows Vista Basic Home, and just recently have ran into a
>> >problem. *When I go to a web-site that has hidden e-mail addresses
>> >(click here to view, etc.), when I click on it, I get an error message
>> >stating "You must be logged in to view". *I don't know what I'm
>> >supposed to be logged into (??),

>> You are supposed to be logged into the SITE you are visiting.
>>
>> Which means you must be "registered" or be a "member". *Do you see any
>> such indication at the site?
>>
>> >but I am correctly logged in on
>> >Windows Vista when I boot up. *In fact, I logged off there, and re-
>> >logged in to make sure it's correct, but it doesn't correct the
>> >problem.
>> >I've read other postings dealing with similar problems, but not this
>> >exact situation. *Any help would be appreciated!

Zyonix

Senior Citizen;896382 Wrote:
> I have Windows Vista Basic Home, and just recently have ran into a
> problem. When I go to a web-site that has hidden e-mail addresses
> (click here to view, etc.), when I click on it, I get an error message
> stating "You must be logged in to view". I don't know what I'm
> supposed to be logged into (??), but I am correctly logged in on
> Windows Vista when I boot up. In fact, I logged off there, and re-
> logged in to make sure it's correct, but it doesn't correct the
> problem.
> I've read other postings dealing with similar problems, but not this
> exact situation. Any help would be appreciated!

Basically, as if you were to Register to this site, you'd be able to
view stuff only Registered Users are allowed to see. That's what that
site you're viewing does. You must be a Registered User before certain
things are visible... (Obviously the eMails)

--
Zyonix