User Account

1xnyer

User Account
I have a machine Vista Home Premimun in a workgroup - an independant machine
attached to no network. When this machine was configured the main user
wasn't give administrator permissions to him machine. He's a standard user.
Is there a way to change his account to an administrator???
Brink

Re: User Account

Hello 1xnyer,

This tutorial will help show you how to change his user account type to
be a administrator instead.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...ount-type.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
1xnyer

Re: User Account
Yes I know you can do that however the issue is the user is a standard user
and the change will not stay. If you log in as administrator and go to the
control panel to manage other user accouts to do the same thing, nothing
shows up.

"Brink" wrote:

> Hello 1xnyer,
>
> This tutorial will help show you how to change his user account type to
> be a administrator instead.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...ount-type.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>
> 1xnyer;895983 Wrote:
> > I have a machine Vista Home Premimun in a workgroup - an independant
> > machine
> > attached to no network. When this machine was configured the main user
> > wasn't give administrator permissions to him machine. He's a standard
> > user.
> > Is there a way to change his account to an administrator???

> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*Windows 7 Forums*'
> (http://www.sevenforums.com/) *and* '*::Vista Forums::*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com)

Brink

Re: User Account

Strange, it should stay once you changed it from within another
administrator account. Try Method Two.

If not, you might create a new administrator account for him, then just
copt the contents of his old "C:\Users\(user name)" folder contents into
the same location at the new account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

1xnyer;896027 Wrote:
> Yes I know you can do that however the issue is the user is a standard
> user
> and the change will not stay. If you log in as administrator and go to
> the
> control panel to manage other user accouts to do the same thing,
> nothing
> shows up.
>

> "Brink" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Hello 1xnyer,
> > >
> > > This tutorial will help show you how to change his user account type

> > > be a administrator instead.
> > >
> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...ount-type.html
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Shawn

> > > independant
> > > user
> > > standard
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> > > them.*
> > > '*Windows 7 Forums*'
> > > ('Windows 7 Forums' (http://www.sevenforums.com/)) *and*

> > '*::Vista Forums::*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Shachar2

RE: User Account
try to do it the old way
with an admin account:

right click on my computer -> manage
go to local users and groups -> groups
double click the administrators group
click add
type in a name to add and click ok

in some setups (a domain) the user might need to logoff and logon back again
for the changes to take effect but I believe that in your case they don't