, Vista Ultimate, Outlook Exchange Server

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=

, Vista Ultimate, Outlook Exchange Server
I am trying to connect to a 2003 Exchange Server with Outlook 2007 on Vista
Ultimate.
When I select Exchange Server while setting up the email address in Outlook,
I am instructed to close Outlook and go to the control panel and select the
mail icon.
there is no mail icon in the Vista control panel that i can find
Am I missing something?
JerryM \(ID\)

Re: , Vista Ultimate, Outlook Exchange Server
Did you try clicking Classic view to see the Mail programs?

"Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news6C743F6-CB2A-4D24-9087-716F150052F7@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to connect to a 2003 Exchange Server with Outlook 2007 on Vista
> Ultimate.
> When I select Exchange Server while setting up the email address in
> Outlook,
> I am instructed to close Outlook and go to the control panel and select
> the
> mail icon.
> there is no mail icon in the Vista control panel that i can find
> Am I missing something?

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=

Re: , Vista Ultimate, Outlook Exchange Server
Yes, and I don't see it. When I search help I onle get information about
Microsoft Mail

"JerryM (ID)" wrote:

> Did you try clicking Classic view to see the Mail programs?
>
> "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news6C743F6-CB2A-4D24-9087-716F150052F7@microsoft.com...
> >I am trying to connect to a 2003 Exchange Server with Outlook 2007 on Vista
> > Ultimate.
> > When I select Exchange Server while setting up the email address in
> > Outlook,
> > I am instructed to close Outlook and go to the control panel and select
> > the
> > mail icon.
> > there is no mail icon in the Vista control panel that i can find
> > Am I missing something?

JerryM \(ID\)

Re: , Vista Ultimate, Outlook Exchange Server
Matt, do you remember in WinXP you clicked local area network and properties
to see the network setup?

In Vista you click Network and Sharing, then Manage network connections,
then right click Local Area Connection, select properties, your screen may
go blank for a second if you have UAC turned on.
You should see the original local area connection properties, be sure all
the boxes are checked.

> Yes, and I don't see it. When I search help I onle get information about
> Microsoft Mail
>
> "JerryM (ID)" wrote:
>
>> Did you try clicking Classic view to see the Mail programs?
>>
>> "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news6C743F6-CB2A-4D24-9087-716F150052F7@microsoft.com...
>> >I am trying to connect to a 2003 Exchange Server with Outlook 2007 on
>> >Vista
>> > Ultimate.
>> > When I select Exchange Server while setting up the email address in
>> > Outlook,
>> > I am instructed to close Outlook and go to the control panel and select
>> > the
>> > mail icon.
>> > there is no mail icon in the Vista control panel that i can find
>> > Am I missing something?

=?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=

Re: , Vista Ultimate, Outlook Exchange Server
Jerry,
I found the problem.
I have the 64 bit edition, in the control panel, there is a 32 bit control
panel and i foundthe mail icon in there.

Thanks for the replies

"JerryM (ID)" wrote:

> Matt, do you remember in WinXP you clicked local area network and properties
> to see the network setup?
>
> In Vista you click Network and Sharing, then Manage network connections,
> then right click Local Area Connection, select properties, your screen may
> go blank for a second if you have UAC turned on.
> You should see the original local area connection properties, be sure all
> the boxes are checked.
>
> "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, and I don't see it. When I search help I onle get information about
> > Microsoft Mail
> >
> > "JerryM (ID)" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you try clicking Classic view to see the Mail programs?
> >>
> >> "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news6C743F6-CB2A-4D24-9087-716F150052F7@microsoft.com...

JerryM \(ID\)

Re: , Vista Ultimate, Outlook Exchange Server
Good for you, Matt,
I'm glad you figured it out.

Jerry