Totally remove MS Vista

Jai

Totally remove MS Vista
How do I remover MS Vista from my pc? I've tried booting to XP3 and I get an
error 7 msg.
John Barnett MVP

Re: Totally remove MS Vista
You will only be able to remove Vista by reformatting your hard drive or
re-installing a previous operating system over vista.

If you want to go back to Windows XP then you need to insert the Windows XP
CD into your CD-ROM and reboot your PC (making sure that your CD is the
first boot option in the BIOS). XP should then begin to install. You will,
of course, need either a full retail copy CD of Windows XP or your original
OEM CD/Recovery disk (assuming XP was originally installed on your system).
If your system came installed with Vista, you will need a retail copy of XP
to install and, most importantly, you need to check that there are XP
drivers for your machine.

For an illustrated guide to installing XP see this link from my website:

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how...windows_xp.htm

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how..._support_i.htm

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"Jai" <Jai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I remover MS Vista from my pc? I've tried booting to XP3 and I get
> an
> error 7 msg.

John Barnett MVP

Re: Totally remove MS Vista
Jai,

Just an additional question; why do you feel it necessary to remove Vista
from your PC? I am sure that if you are having a specific problem with Vista
someone on this newsgroups can help you solve the problem without the
necessity of installing an older operating system.

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"Jai" <Jai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I remover MS Vista from my pc? I've tried booting to XP3 and I get
> an
> error 7 msg.

Bruce Chambers

Re: Totally remove MS Vista
Jai wrote:
> How do I remover MS Vista from my pc? I've tried booting to XP3 and I get an
> error 7 msg.

There could be a couple possible adverse repercussions of which you
should be aware. First and foremost, if the specific computer model in
question was designed specifically for Vista, there may well be no
WinXP-specific device drivers available to make the computer's diverse
components work properly. Consult the computer's manufacturer about the
availability of device drivers. Secondly, removing an OEM-installed
operating system and replacing it with another will almost invariably
void any and all support agreements and, sometimes, even the warranty.
You would, at the very least, have to re-install Vista before getting
any support from the manufacturer. Again, consult the computer's
manufacturer for specifics. Thirdly, there may be the additional cost
involved in purchasing a WinXP license for this new computer.

After backing up any data you wish to transfer to the new OS
installation, simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be
offered the opportunity to delete, create, and format partitions as part
of the installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of
boot devices in the PC's BIOS to boot from the CD.)

HOW TO Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;en-us;316941

Then, assuming you were successful in obtaining WinXP-specific
device drivers so that the computer can be made to work with WinXP, the
backed up data can be restored and applications (those that are
WinXP-compatible, that is) re-installed.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.