Trying to get administration account unlocked

Nashsafc

Trying to get administration account unlocked

Hi, I am having real problems with trying to activate the adminsitration
account on vista home premium 32bit. I have tried going on the computer
management but i can not find the "local users and Groups" folder to
open and go to the Administration. I have tried using the cmd to,
putting in exactly "net user administration /active:yes" but it comes up
with error 5 and access denied. I used the "net user" etc. on the cmd
before and managed to get a message, the message wern't though
"administration account activated. I restarted the computer to see if it
would show the admin account on the log in screen but it didn't. I need
to know what to do to get into admin account, can someone help me
please?

--
Nashsafc
barman58

Re: Trying to get administration account unlocked

Hi Nashsafc, and welcome to The Vista Forums arty:

First is yours the only account on the computer? If so you will already
be an administrator account - Although of a different type to previous
OS Versions, (XP Etc.), the full explanation is given here ...

'User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide'
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc709691.aspx)

If you have a need to enable the master Administrator account have a
look here ...

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...r-account.html

--
barman58

Jimmy Brush

Re: Trying to get administration account unlocked
Hello,

You need to run the "net user" command inside of an elevated command prompt
by right-clicking on command prompt in the start menu and then clicking "run
as administrator".

- JB

"Nashsafc" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I am having real problems with trying to activate the adminsitration
> account on vista home premium 32bit. I have tried going on the computer
> management but i can not find the "local users and Groups" folder to
> open and go to the Administration. I have tried using the cmd to,
> putting in exactly "net user administration /active:yes" but it comes up
> with error 5 and access denied. I used the "net user" etc. on the cmd
> before and managed to get a message, the message wern't though
> "administration account activated. I restarted the computer to see if it
> would show the admin account on the log in screen but it didn't. I need
> to know what to do to get into admin account, can someone help me
> please?
>

> --
> Nashsafc

Salvador Manaois III

RE: Trying to get administration account unlocked
Try the other steps outlined here:
http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...r_activate.htm

Regards,

Salvador Manaois III
MCSE MCSA C|EH CIWA MCITP|Server/Enterprise Admin
Bytes & Badz : http://badzmanaois.blogspot.com

"Nashsafc" wrote:

> Hi, I am having real problems with trying to activate the adminsitration
> account on vista home premium 32bit. I have tried going on the computer
> management but i can not find the "local users and Groups" folder to
> open and go to the Administration. I have tried using the cmd to,
> putting in exactly "net user administration /active:yes" but it comes up
> with error 5 and access denied. I used the "net user" etc. on the cmd
> before and managed to get a message, the message wern't though
> "administration account activated. I restarted the computer to see if it
> would show the admin account on the log in screen but it didn't. I need
> to know what to do to get into admin account, can someone help me
> please?
>

> --
> Nashsafc

Nashsafc

Re: Trying to get administration account unlocked

I have already tried that. Just to update the message that comes up on
the screen it now says that the user is not found. before it came up
with error 5 access denied.

--
Nashsafc
Jane C

> I have already tried that. Just to update the message that comes up on
> the screen it now says that the user is not found. before it came up
> with error 5 access denied.
>

> --
> Nashsafc

Hi,

What are you trying to accomplish that makes you think that you need to
activate the inbuilt Administrator account?

Are you sure that you typed the command correctly?
"net user administration /active:yes" is wrong, it should be "net user
administrator /active:yes"

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience