Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Parental Controls - "rating service unavailable"

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2008
Castor
 

Posts: n/a
Parental Controls - "rating service unavailable"
Hi all

I’m having a problem with the Parental Controls in Vista blocking all
websites on my kids accounts.

Every time they try to go to a website (such as www.amazon.com), IE7 or FF
wait for ages and then comes back with a standard Parental Control Blocked
screen; but with “rating service unavailable” as the reason for the block.

What is going on?

Castor

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2008
Bo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Parental Controls - "rating service unavailable"
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 01:15:01 -0800, Castor
<Castor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I’m having a problem with the Parental Controls in Vista blocking all
>websites on my kids accounts.
>
>Every time they try to go to a website (such as www.amazon.com), IE7 or FF
>wait for ages and then comes back with a standard Parental Control Blocked
>screen; but with “rating service unavailable” as the reason for the block.
>
>What is going on?


Did parental controls EVER work properly? If not, you've done
something wrong.

Use Help and Support - type "parental controls" without the quotes
into its search box.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2008
Castor
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Parental Controls - "rating service unavailable"
Hi Bo

Yes they did.

Does anyone know what would cause this error message?



"Bo" wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 01:15:01 -0800, Castor
> <Castor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi all
> >
> >I’m having a problem with the Parental Controls in Vista blocking all
> >websites on my kids accounts.
> >
> >Every time they try to go to a website (such as www.amazon.com), IE7 or FF
> >wait for ages and then comes back with a standard Parental Control Blocked
> >screen; but with “rating service unavailable” as the reason for the block.
> >
> >What is going on?

>
> Did parental controls EVER work properly? If not, you've done
> something wrong.
>
> Use Help and Support - type "parental controls" without the quotes
> into its search box.
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2008
Bo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Parental Controls - "rating service unavailable"
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:08:03 -0800, Castor
<Castor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Bo
>
>Yes they did.
>
>Does anyone know what would cause this error message?


I've never used them. I would only suggest that you turn them off,
restart, and set them up again as you originally did.


>"Bo" wrote:
>
>> Did parental controls EVER work properly?

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parental Controls - rating service unavailable Castor_uk Windows Vista Home Premium 0 11-18-2008 10:19
with Parental controls turned on web pages wont load "http 404 err stacey22 microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 0 03-14-2008 05:42
Parental Controls - "rating service unavailable" TBT microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 12-31-2007 02:47
Article ID: 930903 "UPDATE: Fehlermeldung: dem Aufrsten von Windows XP SP2 nach zu Windows Vista Anwendung Server Service Unavailable". "Die Webanwendung, auf der Sie versuchen, auf diesen Webserver zuzugreifen, ist zurzeit nicht verf KBArticles German 0 10-22-2007 21:20
Article ID: 927832 The "Add" and "Remove" commands on the Drivers tab are unavailable on a remote Windows Vista-based print server KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:27.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120