Logon failure-unknown username or bad password

Upittgrad

Logon failure-unknown username or bad password
I cannot logon to my Admin account after typing the correct password. I try
to do a system restore through my guest account, but when I go to system
restore, the admin account pops up and asks for the password. I try to
reboot in safe mode, but I'm not able to do that either. If anyone has had
the same problem, and found a solution, please post it here. Thanks.
Walt Thatcher

Re: Logon failure-unknown username or bad password
Upittgrad <Upittgrad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I cannot logon to my Admin account after typing the correct password. I try
>to do a system restore through my guest account, but when I go to system
>restore, the admin account pops up and asks for the password. I try to
>reboot in safe mode, but I'm not able to do that either. If anyone has had
>the same problem, and found a solution, please post it here. Thanks.

Restart and enter Safe Mode by tapping F8 when the reboot starts and
BEFORE Windows starts to load.

Login with the ADMINISTRATOR account (it shouldn't require a password
unless you set one for it)

Go to Control Panel (classic mode) then User Accounts.

You should be able to change the password on the account that is
having a problem.
mansrm81

Re: Logon failure-unknown username or bad password

Try this Upittgrad.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...rd.html?filter

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]

vrindarsh is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Logon failure-unknown username or bad password
I've had same problem, but am not able to find the solution yet.
sergio

sergio <sergio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Walt Thatcher" wrote:
>
>> Upittgrad <Upittgrad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I cannot logon to my Admin account after typing the correct password. I try
>> >to do a system restore through my guest account, but when I go to system
>> >restore, the admin account pops up and asks for the password. I try to
>> >reboot in safe mode, but I'm not able to do that either. If anyone has had
>> >the same problem, and found a solution, please post it here. Thanks.

>> Restart and enter Safe Mode by tapping F8 when the reboot starts and
>> BEFORE Windows starts to load.
>>
>> Login with the ADMINISTRATOR account (it shouldn't require a password
>> unless you set one for it)
>>
>> Go to Control Panel (classic mode) then User Accounts.
>>
>> You should be able to change the password on the account that is
>> having a problem.

You are absolutely correct. I wrote that.