How to copy user profiles in Vista

=?Utf-8?B?Y3Jvc3N0aXhw?=

How to copy user profiles in Vista
Say, for example, I set up a new Vista Ultimate on a domain and logon as the
domain administrator, and then install all programs and set up the desktop
and all that the way I want. Next, I want to logon as another domain user
but that gets the original default first time desktop and settings. Is there
a way to copy all those settings from the Administrator account, or any other
account for that matter, to the other first time account? And have all
settings, desktop, programs, etc., carry over and work?
Kerry Brown

Re: How to copy user profiles in Vista
Setup group policy to create a standard desktop. Another method is to copy
the user you want to the default profile on each pc. Any new users will use
that as a template.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"crosstixp" <crosstixp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Say, for example, I set up a new Vista Ultimate on a domain and logon as
> the
> domain administrator, and then install all programs and set up the desktop
> and all that the way I want. Next, I want to logon as another domain user
> but that gets the original default first time desktop and settings. Is
> there
> a way to copy all those settings from the Administrator account, or any
> other
> account for that matter, to the other first time account? And have all
> settings, desktop, programs, etc., carry over and work?

=?Utf-8?B?Y3Jvc3N0aXhw?=

Re: How to copy user profiles in Vista
I figured out another but that really doesn't work either. I tried using the
Advanced settings area where you can copy profiles to other folders. This
causes that profile to not be able to save History in IE and a few other
things, all rights related. I haven't tried copying to the default profile
as yet because of the above rights issue. The Windows Easy Transfer isn't
quite what I am looking for either. This seems more like a migration type of
thing but I haven't found quite what I am looking for to be able to do this
under Vista.