user accounts

GM

user accounts
In Vista Ultimate I deleted a user account and saved the files. Now my email
files are gone and they are not in the folder that was saved to the desktop.
What happened?
t-4-2

Re: user accounts

GM;867253 Wrote:
> In Vista Ultimate I deleted a user account and saved the files. Now my
> email
> files are gone and they are not in the folder that was saved to the
> desktop.
> What happened?

Hello GM,
Unfortunately you did not read the notes carefully when you removed the
user account. WM does not save e-mail files when an acct. is removed.
I do not know if you can reteive them back.

--
t-4-2
Mick Murphy

Re: user accounts
You forked up, that's what happened. You assumed Vista was going to
do what you wanted it to do without you telling it what to do.
--
Mad Mike

"GM" wrote

>In Vista Ultimate I deleted a user account and saved the files. Now my email
>files are gone and they are not in the folder that was saved to the desktop.
>What happened?

Fmjc001

Re: user accounts

Do a system restore back to the day you deleted the account. (Obviously
some time before)

--
Fmjc001

::*I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the
source code*:: :geek:
GM

Re: user accounts
Thanks to everyone and very well put too. Along with my email files went the
system restore points. My solution: a program I disovered called Pandora
Recovery which found all my deleted files that had not yet been overwritten
(although disorganized). I recovered them to another drive then copied them
back to the Windows Mail "Local Folders" folder in my current User account.
When I opened Windows Mail again it slowly revealed everything (I have a lot
of stuff). Now I just have to put it back in order. Thanks again everybody.

"Fmjc001" wrote:

> Do a system restore back to the day you deleted the account. (Obviously
> some time before)
>

> --
> Fmjc001
>
> ::*I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the
> source code*:: :geek:

Fmjc001

Re: user accounts

GM;867548 Wrote:
> Thanks to everyone and very well put too. Along with my email files went
> the
> system restore points. My solution: a program I disovered called
> Pandora
> Recovery which found all my deleted files that had not yet been
> overwritten
> (although disorganized). I recovered them to another drive then copied
> them
> back to the Windows Mail "Local Folders" folder in my current User
> account.
> When I opened Windows Mail again it slowly revealed everything (I have
> a lot
> of stuff). Now I just have to put it back in order. Thanks again
> everybody.
>
> "Fmjc001" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Do a system restore back to the day you deleted the account.

> > (Obviously
> > > some time before)
> > >

> > > --
> > > Fmjc001
> > >
> > > ::*I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the
> > > source code*:: :geek:

Thats odd, Ive never heard of an account to delete the restore points
with it...

Anyways, Gratz on the recovery .

PS - You should make an account here, members take higher priority than
guests.

Glad your sorted,
Fmjc001

--
Fmjc001

::*I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the
source code*:: :geek:
Mick Murphy

Re: user accounts
You're an idiot! That forum is a pitiful web-based gateway to a HUGE
online community message base hosted on Microsoft servers. "Guests"
are people using those services directly, or using them via Usenet.
EVERY post from a "Guest"on your pitiful little forum is sucked off
of the MS servers. Without those servers and "guests" your crappy
forum would be DEAD you fool.
--
Mad Mike

"Fmjc001 <guest@unknown-email.com>" wrote