Move Users\Public etc

LIZ_S

Move Users\Public etc
Hi,
I wish to be able to move Users\Public with all sub folders from C:\ to D:\,
but this choice is not permitted when I am logged on as an administrator.

I tried logging onto the built-in administrator - and was then given the
choice - but still when I go back to my regular account - the shortcuts
point to C:\

Any solutions?

Ciao
Liz

Dave

Re: Move Users\Public etc
Liz, I think this is what you need to do

All Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management
Clickon Local Users and Groups -> Users
Next Double Click On Each Users Name that you want to change
Click on The Profile Tab
Under Profile TabType in something like (D:\Users\%UserName%) - excluding
the brackets
You can actually put in the %UserName% part as this will work in all of your
accounts, it will automatically put in the users name you want.
After changing them all, the setting will take affect for each user upon
them Logging into then Out of their account. Please note that if your
profiles ie. Documents are very large it will take however long it takes to
copy the files from the C:\ To The D:\

I hope this answers your question,
Dave Marden

"LIZ_S" <egoss@combitel.no> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I wish to be able to move Users\Public with all sub folders from C:\ to
> D:\, but this choice is not permitted when I am logged on as an
> administrator.
>
> I tried logging onto the built-in administrator - and was then given the
> choice - but still when I go back to my regular account - the shortcuts
> point to C:\
>
> Any solutions?
>
> Ciao
> Liz

Dave

Re: Move Users\Public etc
Another idea is that maybe you actually just want your My Documents
Folder moved to the other drive, in which case just click on the Start
button on the taskbar, then right click My Documents, and choose the
"Location" Tab. Click on the Move button and Direct where you want your
documents to be. This will automatically move your Documents to the new
folder.

Dave Marden

"LIZ_S" <egoss@combitel.no> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I wish to be able to move Users\Public with all sub folders from C:\ to
> D:\, but this choice is not permitted when I am logged on as an
> administrator.
>
> I tried logging onto the built-in administrator - and was then given the
> choice - but still when I go back to my regular account - the shortcuts
> point to C:\
>
> Any solutions?
>
> Ciao
> Liz

mail

Re: Move Users\Public etc
?

Dave wrote:

> Another idea is that maybe you actually just want your My Documents
> Folder moved to the other drive, in which case just click on the Start
> button on the taskbar, then right click My Documents, and choose the
> "Location" Tab. Click on the Move button and Direct where you want your
> documents to be. This will automatically move your Documents to the new
> folder.
>
> Dave Marden
>
> "LIZ_S" <egoss@combitel.no> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I wish to be able to move Users\Public with all sub folders from C:\ to
> > D:\, but this choice is not permitted when I am logged on as an
> > administrator.
> >
> > I tried logging onto the built-in administrator - and was then given the
> > choice - but still when I go back to my regular account - the shortcuts
> > point to C:\
> >
> > Any solutions?
> >
> > Ciao
> > Liz