Can't write to Windows Temp folder

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZSBpbiBOTQ==?=

Can't write to Windows Temp folder
OK, here's my situation. I've got a new PC with Vista Home Premium on it.
I'm trying to install Acrobat reader on it but it won't let me because the
Windows Temp folder is flagged as read only. I turn the flag off, right
click it again and select properties and the flag is right back there. I am
logged on as an administrator, I made sure admins have full control of that
folder and I still cannot change it. Help me please!
Jane C

Re: Can't write to Windows Temp folder
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled....cfm?id=333643

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

"Pete in NM" <Pete in NM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK, here's my situation. I've got a new PC with Vista Home Premium on it.
> I'm trying to install Acrobat reader on it but it won't let me because the
> Windows Temp folder is flagged as read only. I turn the flag off, right
> click it again and select properties and the flag is right back there. I
> am
> logged on as an administrator, I made sure admins have full control of
> that
> folder and I still cannot change it. Help me please!

Michael

Re: Can't write to Windows Temp folder
FYI,
All folders look like they are read-only (ie the check box is filled in
blue) but not actually true, the box simply doesn't apply to a folder, note
that read only files have that box checked, not filled in (the equivalent of
grey out but blue on my setup).

Michael

"Pete in NM" <Pete in NM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OK, here's my situation. I've got a new PC with Vista Home Premium on it.
> I'm trying to install Acrobat reader on it but it won't let me because the
> Windows Temp folder is flagged as read only. I turn the flag off, right
> click it again and select properties and the flag is right back there. I
> am
> logged on as an administrator, I made sure admins have full control of
> that
> folder and I still cannot change it. Help me please!

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Can't write to Windows Temp folder
Pete Folders are marked as Read Only in Vista. This has no effect on the
Files in the folder and does not prevent files from being placed into or
removed from the folders.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP