User Profile Service Failed the Login

MrsLiv

User Profile Service Failed the Login

I have tried many times to access my account. I know my password because
we just bought the computer a month ago and I use it all the time. It
says... *User Profile Service Failed the Login*

I have read the threads online regarding going into the user profile
changing/deleting etc but that only seems to change when I am in safe
mode. Once I switch back to the regular start up the new password
doesn't work. I have even tried the password reset disk and deleting the
password all together.

All that I got with my computer is the Windows Vista recovery disks but
since I can't login I can't get them to start.

Can someone please help me.

Thanks in advance

--
MrsLiv
mansrm81

Re: User Profile Service Failed the Login

'=User%20Accounts\"]http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/130095-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html?filter[11]=User%20Accounts'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...ed.html?filter[11)

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales.
MrsLiv

Re: User Profile Service Failed the Login

It worked!!! Your awesome!!! thank you sooo much!

--
MrsLiv
Janet Thum

Re: User Profile Service Failed the Login

OK, I give up. I'm having the same problem MrsLiv had and I need help!
Please give me an easy solution as I am not very technically inclined.

--
Janet Thum
mansrm81

Re: User Profile Service Failed the Login

Have you tried doing what is said here.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...ed.html?filter

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]
Janet Thum

Re: User Profile Service Failed the Login

Unfortunately, I looked at all that and I'm worried I might mess it up
beyond repair. I'm going to take my HP laptop to work and ask the techs
to fix it for me. Thanks anyway!

--
Janet Thum
Brink

Janet Thum;871359 Wrote:
> Unfortunately, I looked at all that and I'm worried I might mess it up
> beyond repair. I'm going to take my HP laptop to work and ask the techs
> to fix it for me. Thanks anyway!

Hello Janet,

I can understand if you not comfortable doing this. It can be tricky in
the registry. An alternative is to do a System Restore at boot using a
restore point dated before this problem. Method Two in this tutorial
will help show you how to if you would like to try this first and
possibly save yourself some money from the tech shop.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76...store-how.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Janet Thum

Re: User Profile Service Failed the Login

Thank you, Brink! After much thought and reading of other people's
replies, I did a System Restore by clicking on F8 at startup and it
seems to have fixed the problem! I do hope that this problem does not
resurface. It was a tad bit harrowing for me as I am not very
technically inclined. Thank you again!

--
Janet Thum
Brink

Janet Thum;871766 Wrote:
> Thank you, Brink! After much thought and reading of other people's
> replies, I did a System Restore by clicking on F8 at startup and it
> seems to have fixed the problem! I do hope that this problem does not
> resurface. It was a tad bit harrowing for me as I am not very
> technically inclined. Thank you again!

You're welcome Janet. I'm happy to hear that you took the leap of faith
in yourself and sorted the problem. :geek:

Shawn