Local account is looking for domain controller?!?!?

Brian_McKnight

Local account is looking for domain controller?!?!?
I am attempting to congifure a laptop for one of our executives. The laptop
is loaded with Vista Business and is joined to our corporate domain for
purposes of inventory/management. I created a local account for the person
so that he can log in from outside the building. However, when I attempt to
authenticate locally with this account, I am receiving the following message.
.. .

There are currently no login servers available to service the logon request

When I take the latop off the domain, I can access the local account. But
why would a local account be going out looking for a domain controller
anyway? I have never come across this with XP. Has anyone seen this
behavior in Vista before?
Victor Constantinescu

Re: Local account is looking for domain controller?!?!?
Hi,
Just checking: are you using the Computername\User format in the username
input box?

--
Victor Constantinescu aka YounGun
Security MVP

"Brian_McKnight" <BrianMcKnight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am attempting to congifure a laptop for one of our executives. The
>laptop
> is loaded with Vista Business and is joined to our corporate domain for
> purposes of inventory/management. I created a local account for the
> person
> so that he can log in from outside the building. However, when I attempt
> authenticate locally with this account, I am receiving the following
> message.
> . .

> There are currently no login servers available to service the logon
> request
>
> When I take the latop off the domain, I can access the local account. But
> why would a local account be going out looking for a domain controller
> anyway? I have never come across this with XP. Has anyone seen this
> behavior in Vista before?

Brian_McKnight

Re: Local account is looking for domain controller?!?!?
Yes.