Strange behaviour!

Mhaxx

Strange behaviour!
I have 3 computers:

(A) XP Pro SP3
(B) XP Pro SP3
(C) Vista HP SP1

Connecting (C) with (A) by Ethernet cable everything works, while with (B)
there's something wrong, that is:

- (A) can see/ping/access shared folders and use shared Internet connection
of (C), and vice versa: this is good

- (B) can access shared folders of (C) but if I try vice versa, that is (C)
accesses shared folders of (B), than an access window appears asking
username+password; this is very strange because

1) the user of (B) hasn't password (default); I've tried to use
admin+blankpassword or PCname\admin+blankpassoword or
PCname\myuser+blankpassword and so on.. but auth. fails; what's the correct
form of the username and password I have to enter into this mask? isn't it
stange it asks to me to login? (A) doesn't ask anything and it's the same
(XP Pro SP3)

2) maybe due to issue 1 (C) can't use shared Internet connection of (B); is
it possible?

I really don't know how to solve this problem. Thanks for any advice in
advance.

Massimo

Mick Murphy

RE: Strange behaviour!
A bit of info on networking them.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

passwords on ALL computers in your Network) If you have it ON, and no
identical usernames/passwords, you will be asked for a username and password
when you try to access a Vista computer from an XP computer, or a Vista
computer.

Wizard, even if you had an XP Network set up prior to adding a Vista computer
to it(redoing the Wizard seems to work for XP machines!).

and Printer Sharing.

--
Mad Mike

"Mhaxx" wrote:

> I have 3 computers:
>
> (A) XP Pro SP3
> (B) XP Pro SP3
> (C) Vista HP SP1
>

> Connecting (C) with (A) by Ethernet cable everything works, while with (B)
> there's something wrong, that is:
>
> - (A) can see/ping/access shared folders and use shared Internet connection
> of (C), and vice versa: this is good
>
> - (B) can access shared folders of (C) but if I try vice versa, that is (C)
> accesses shared folders of (B), than an access window appears asking
> username+password; this is very strange because
>
> 1) the user of (B) hasn't password (default); I've tried to use
> admin+blankpassword or PCname\admin+blankpassoword or
> PCname\myuser+blankpassword and so on.. but auth. fails; what's the correct
> form of the username and password I have to enter into this mask? isn't it
> stange it asks to me to login? (A) doesn't ask anything and it's the same
> (XP Pro SP3)
>
> 2) maybe due to issue 1 (C) can't use shared Internet connection of (B); is
> it possible?
>

> I really don't know how to solve this problem. Thanks for any advice in
> advance.
>

> Massimo

Mhaxx

Re: Strange behaviour!
No update. Always Vista can't see XP Pro..

Massimo

Paul Montgomery

Re: Strange behaviour!
On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:02:42 +0200, "Mhaxx" <supermhaxx@despammed.com>
wrote:

>No update. Always Vista can't see XP Pro..
>
>Massimo

Did you do everything that Mick Murphy suggested?
Mhaxx

Re: Strange behaviour!
> Did you do everything that Mick Murphy suggested?

Sure!

My Vista works good with another XP Pro, everything is right (both sides).
The problems of access are for another XP Pro: this means Vista is set-up
good.

Massimo

Mhaxx

Re: Strange behaviour!